Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone 

I apologize in advance if this has been asked elsewhere.. I searched for a little while and couldn't find it.  I am very new with the Android-based Poly phones.  Currently trying to work with a CCX 500 and soon a batch of Treo 8500s.

We use PDMS-SP and a ZT profile and everything works, except:

-When I power up a CCX that has been factory reset, the very first power-on thing it does is prompt for a new Admin password.  Then language selection, then a 3rd question to select Default Profile.  Only THEN does it reach out to PDMS-SP, grab the ZT profile, and steer toward our own provisioning server.

Is there a way to automate the deployment so the phone doesn't ask for the new admin password and language selection?  Our ideal model is to just drop-ship factory fresh phones from distributor.. and this works well with the VVX's.  Probably something simple with the CCX's I haven't found yet.  Any pointers would be much appreciated!! 

Thanks everyone

Mark Hagler

Threshold Communications Inc.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @MarkHagler ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please see a suggestion below for a CCX or Trio phone to disable the End User License Agreement, the Time zone and the language and in addition, to ensure the phone polls from a provisioning server at a set time, enables the REST API, sets a password and has the Web Interface set to HTTPs only:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Change to openSIP -->
<!-- Change Admin Password to 789 -->
<!-- Accept the End User License Agreement -->
<device 	device.set="1"
	device.baseProfile.set="1"
	device.baseProfile="Generic"
	device.auth.localAdminPassword.set="1" 
	device.auth.localAdminPassword="789"
	device.eulaAccepted.set="1" 
	device.eulaAccepted="1"
	prov.eula.accepted="1"/>
<!-- Polling for new configuration daily between 01:00 and 05:00 with a postpone option -->
<!-- Enable device on a reboot to check provisioning server -->
<polling	prov.polling.enabled="1"
	prov.polling.mode="random"
	prov.polling.period="86400"
	prov.polling.time="01:00"
	prov.polling.timeRandomEnd="05:00"
	prov.userControl.enabled="1"
	prov.userControl.postponeTime="00:15" 
	prov.startupCheck.enabled="1"/>
<!-- Set UK timezone -->
<!-- See https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/trio-ag-5-9-0-AA/page/r2732735.html for more countries -->
<tcpIpApp	tcpIpApp.sntp.olsonTimezoneID="Europe/London" />
<!-- Enable REST API -->
<!-- https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-REST-API/td-p/98914 -->
<apps	apps.restapi.enabled="1" />
<!-- Enable Web Interface for HTTPS -->
<httpd	httpd.cfg.enabled="1"
	httpd.cfg.secureTunnelRequired="1"
	httpd.enabled="1" />
<!-- Enable English United Kindom for PhoneUI -->
<!-- Arabic_AE-->
<!-- Chinese_China-->
<!-- Chinese_Taiwan-->
<!-- Czech_Czechia-->
<!-- Danish_Denmark-->
<!-- DTGerman_Germany-->
<!-- Dutch_Netherlands-->
<!-- English_Canada-->
<!-- English_United_Kingdom-->
<!-- English_United_States-->
<!-- French_Canada-->
<!-- French_France-->
<!-- German_Germany-->
<!-- Hungarian_Hungary-->
<!-- Italian_Italy-->
<!-- Japanese_Japan-->
<!-- Korean_Korea-->
<!-- Norwegian_Norway-->
<!-- Polish_Poland-->
<!-- Portuguese_Portugal-->
<!-- Romanian_Romania-->
<!-- Russian_Russia-->
<!-- Slovenian_Slovenia-->
<!-- Spanish_Spain-->
<!-- Swedish_Sweden-->
<lcl lcl.ml.lang="English_United_Kingdom"	/>

I have attached a collection of files for the different modes but these are dependant on the correct part number / SKU ordered and may only work for a Poly Trio or CCX if running UC Software 7.0.0 or later.

If you have any follow up questions that the other volunteers cannot answer please contact your reseller as they are your tier 1 support.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thank you very much for the pointers!  We are a Poly partner so I can contact support if needed.  I will give this a try.. I am trying to provision a phone from factory-fresh state, via PDMS-SP so I will experiment and see if inserting the password, EULA, and language parameters into the ZT profile works.  The goal is to get these to provision from scratch, without any special DHCP options, on unknown networks just using PDMS-SP / ZT profiles etc.  I'll do some experimenting! 

Thanks again for your assistance, I really appreciate. 

HP Recommended

Hi, just wondering how you went with your auto provisioning?  We need to do the same thing.

HP Recommended

I think this code chunk works, we are working with the new Edge E series phones that do the same thing.. first boot presents a wizard to change admin password, accept EULA, set language and time zone etc.  When ZTP redirects the phone to our prov server and we pass along this chunk in the 1st config, the phone boots up and prompts for new admin password.. but if you do nothing a few min later it will reboot and then come up working with no prompts.  

I'm in the US but here I set the time zone to GMT in this config and then the next config our server spits out is specific to the user/device and will push along their local time zone..  I can tell which config chunk the phone has most recently received by checking if the time is showing local or GMT.  

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<PHONE_CONFIG>
<ALL
obitalk.accountCode="xxxx"
feature.obitalk.enabled="1"
device.set="1"
feature.da.enabled="1"
diags.pcap.enabled="1"
prov.eula.accepted="1"
tcpIpApp.sntp.olsonTimezoneID="Europe/London"
lcl.ml.lang="English_United_States"
device.set="1"
device.prov.serverType="HTTPS"
device.prov.serverType.set="1"
device.prov.serverName="server.com/cfg"
device.prov.serverName.set="1"
device.baseProfile.set="1"
device.baseProfile="Generic"
device.auth.localAdminPassword.set="1"
device.auth.localAdminPassword="xxxx"
device.eulaAccepted.set="1"
device.eulaAccepted="1"
device.showOOB.set="1"
device.showOOB="0"
/>
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.