Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just purchased and installed a C100S on my Lenovo Laptop running Windows 8.  The device seems to be functioning ok, but my problem is that when I am on a Skype call, other callers report hearing what they say echoed back to them.  This is disappointing because one of the main reasons I bought this device was because it purported to have excellent echo cancellation.

I tried to install the most recent software (which I realize is advertised to support Vista and Windows 7 only) from here: http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/voice/communicator/communicator_c100s.h...

With this software installed the windows audio service crashes.  So:  My questions are:

1. Is my problem with echo caused by the lack of a windows 8 driver?

2. If not, what can I do about it?

3. If so, when will a Windows 8 driver be available?  I would be happy to particpate in a beta testing program

Thanks in advance

Chris

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello Chris,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As you have already noticed only the following Operating Systems are currently supported:

Current Communicator C100S software supports Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 only

I am unable to comment on any newer Operating systems or if there are any plans to support Windows 8 which has not yet been officially released at the writing of this reply.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks -- Can you tell me if the echo problems I am experiencing are likely to be caused by software or hardware?

HP Recommended

Never really got an answer to my questions above.  Since I posted it Windows 8 was released.  Can you update me please?

HP Recommended

Hello Chris,

the supported platforms have not changed since your last post.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Any chance of an official statement on your plans for Windows 8 support?

Having recently bought 2 C110S devices, I would be rather unhappy to have to seek an alternative - but at the moment they are totally useless with Windows 8. Without the software there is a terrible echo, and I can't comment as to whether running the software would fix anything as it immediately kills the Windows Audio Service.

Mike

HP Recommended

I second Mike's question and will reiterate, that despite two replies from Polycom no one has yet answered my questions.  Specifically:

1. Is my problem with echo caused by the lack of a windows 8 driver (it certainly seems to be)?

2. If not, what can I do about it?

3. If so, when will a Windows 8 driver be available?  I would be happy to particpate in a beta testing program.

Your earlier reply that implies you may decide not to support Windows 8 strikes me as ridiculous.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

I have not had any feedback from Product management regarding the possible support of Windows 8 and as far as I am aware the support site still states Windows 7 as the latest OS.

The product is not advertised as Windows 8 compatible and I am therefore unable to make any statement towards the root cause of any echo.

Above should at this present moment answer all 3 questions.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Another vote here for Win 8 support. I use the C100S a lot for work and trialling Win8 and I've purchased quite a number of these devices.

Same problem as above, crashes the entire sound system.

- Paul

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

the feedback that I received from product management is that there are no current plans to support Windows 8.

This is the current status and may change.

At present there is no Windows 8 support nor can I comment on any lack of functionality or changed behavior therefore.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.