Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I recently bought a C100s hoping I could improve my audio quality over voice calls but so far it has been quite a disappointment.

I suspect I'm using some wrong settings but I'd like to ask for the help of the community.

If I use the default settings for the microphone ( enable AEC, Enable AGC, Enable NR) the other party hears a loud noise and I can hear the audio with variable volume output and mostly not understandable.

If I disable all the options, things get better but I need to disable the microphone, pressing the mic button on the unit, each time the other party talks as otherwise their voice gets broken.

I tried different settings but yet I culd not find one which allows me to us the speaker phone feature.

If I connect a headset to the unit all seems to be working fine, provided I disabled all the options as mentioned above.

I'm using Windows 7 and the latest polycom drivers and tool and I've tried the unit on several systems always with the same result.

If I use the unit just to play a common audio file all seems working fine.

Thank you for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It sounds as if the problem relates to Skype and not to C100s. 

Let's focus on the first issue you mentioned "The other party hears loud noise". I assume the noise is generated on the Skype network. Therefore, for test purpose, ask your party to install a software-based noise reduction like SoliCall Pro. If my assumption is accurate then, the other party should observe a reduction in noise level.

HP Recommended
Dear Val2000, I also believe the problem is due to the interaction with Skype but this product is sold as Skype certified and I'm surprised it is giving so many issues. I'll try also with other VoIP services just to make sure of this. Regards
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.