Add contacts remotely on VVX 311

cmcfarling
Occasional Contributor

Add contacts remotely on VVX 311

Relatively new at configuring Polycom VoIP phones. Is it possible to add contacts and set favorites on a phone using the Web Configuration Utility? Or is this something that has to be done using config files fetched from a provisioning server?

These are VVX 311 phones connected to RingCentral. The phones were not purchased from RC. Is there any way to make config file changes when the phone is getting it's config from RC?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Add contacts remotely on VVX 311

Hello cmcfarling,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This is not possible on the VVX range. You can do this either locally on the phone or would need access to the provisioning server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
cmcfarling
Occasional Contributor

Ok thanks. Do you have any idea if RingCentral allows access to the config files on the provisioning server?

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello cmcfarling,

I am unaware what access your provider allows.

Please check with your p

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4