Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Due to Covid I've taken a phone home and am attempting to have it register on our cloud provider's system. With help of this forum I've reset "Local Config"  and "Dev. Settings" to factory defaults, which has enabled it to pick up DHCP and get on the network. I can now access the web settings interface, and have set all the aspects I think that I need (copied from a phone that's working in our office, accessed over VPN).

I know the phone can access the internet because it was able to pick up the current time from a time server. But it's not registering on the cloud platform. I hope that if I could see the log files I might be able to find out why not.

I understand that normally the phone uploads its log files to a boot server; but I'm at home and it can't connect to one! Is there a way to access the log files directly on the phone? Can I ssh/telnet/ftp into it?

Many thanks, David.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @DWhite ,

it is not. Its EDIT : UC Software software aka:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the difference between SIP and UCS / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What SIP or UC or Obi Edition Software version or Updater / BootROM Version is supported by my Phone?

Your phone runs maximum SIP 3.3.5 and therefore does not have the Web UI feature.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @DWhite ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Ass we are not aware of the currently used software version we can only refer you to:

Oct 11, 2011 Question: How can I troubleshoot configuration Issues via Log Files or the phone GUI?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above will only work if the phone is on UC Software 4.0.0 or later.

Prior to this, only a FTP server is an option for end users or Syslog.

Oct 17, 2011 Question: How can change Logging Levels or use Syslog?

Resolution: Please check => here<=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, thank you for your reply.

The phone is running SIP 3.2.4.0287.

Is this the same as 'UC software', and is it safe to upgrade to UC 4.0? I don't mind doing a complete reset and losing all previous configuration, as long as I can then access the web interface to configure the phone.

HP Recommended

Hello @DWhite ,

it is not. Its EDIT : UC Software software aka:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the difference between SIP and UCS / UC Software?

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What SIP or UC or Obi Edition Software version or Updater / BootROM Version is supported by my Phone?

Your phone runs maximum SIP 3.3.5 and therefore does not have the Web UI feature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen. Disappointing, but good to know the score.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.