Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

with the new intercom feature, is there something that needs to be configured on the receiving end? i have followed the config guide to get the button configured on our admins phones, but when the button is pressed it just rings on the boss' phone like a speed dial button would. what needs to be done to get the call to just answer automatically when the IC button is pressed?

thanks in advance! 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello uhlaw3500,

like with any other feature I always recommend to check the Admin Guide first.

Page 149 covers how to Configure Intercom Calls.

In addition the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The updated Post from the 15/10/2014 details how to do this and troubleshoot it in addition.

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

right, as stated in my original post i followed the admin guy when i did the configuration. and it is not working. which is why i posted here. any help would be appreciated. 

thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello uhlaw3500,

The FAQ post contains detailed information on how to set this up and how to troubleshoot this.

It is pretty basic and requires configuration changes on both the calling and called phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Bummer. I am not able to get this to work either. It must not function with how asterisk handles alertInfo.

INVITE sip:1001@X.X.X.X:5060;user=phone SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.60.155:5060;branch=z9hG4bKce9afe85B4434F3B
To: <sip:1001@X.X.X.X;user=phone>
CSeq: 1 INVITE
Call-ID: 980cfccd-24a7d953-dadfcad5@192.168.60.155
Allow: INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, OPTIONS, INFO, MESSAGE, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, PRACK, UPDATE, REFER
User-Agent: PolycomVVX-VVX_600-UA/5.2.0.8330
Accept-Language: en
Supported: replaces,100rel
Allow-Events: conference,talk,hold
Alert-Info: intercom-derp
Max-Forwards: 70
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: 510

=====================================
INVITE sip:1001@X.X.X.X:5060;user=phone SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.60.155:5060;branch=z9hG4bKb1c5a8abD1235A9D
To: <sip:1001@X.X.X.X;user=phone>
CSeq: 2 INVITE
Call-ID: 980cfccd-24a7d953-dadfcad5@192.168.60.155
Allow: INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, OPTIONS, INFO, MESSAGE, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, PRACK, UPDATE, REFER
User-Agent: PolycomVVX-VVX_600-UA/5.2.0.8330
Accept-Language: en
Supported: replaces,100rel
Allow-Events: conference,talk,hold
Alert-Info: intercom-derp
Authorization: Digest username="1000", realm="asterisk", nonce="4aba0dd7", uri="sip:1001@X.X.X.X:5060;user=phone", response="0c715edde28ad696f20a34c407ee338d", algorithm=MD5
Content-Length: 510
===============================================
INVITE sip:1001@192.168.60.99:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP X.X.X.X:5060;branch=z9hG4bK24f2fc2d;rport
To: <sip:1001@192.168.60.99:5060>
Call-ID: 74ab6c4029f62842188d759d687c5fde@X.X.X.X:5060
CSeq: 102 INVITE
User-Agent: FPBX-12.0.6(11.13.1)
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 22:37:18 GMT
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INFO, PUBLISH, MESSAGE
Supported: replaces, timer
P-Asserted-Identity: "Test" <sip:1000@X.X.X.X>
Content-Length: 318

I can see the alertinfo injected into the SIP Header by the polycom phone, but as soon as it hits the server and it invites the other extension, it strips the alertinfo, which only rings the phone instead of auto answering. 

HP Recommended

Hello TylerCMS,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The new Intercom features is especially for call servers that do not support the Info Header.

For Asterisk you simply follow the examples => here <= The phone does not to create the Alert-Info as the Asterisk server already does.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, I have been using a custom softkey for many years, but I figured I would try the new built in intercom function since it allows us to use the BLF buttons to select who we want to intercom without having to type in an extension manually.

I will revert back to my EFK solution. Thanks for the clarification

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.