Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have 3 devices Polycom VSX 7000A and MS Lync 2013 Server. I want to integrate them for miltipoint video confeerence between Polycom and Lync users. But, as I understand, there are 2 ways to integrate Polycom devices with Lync:

1. Continue using VSX 7000, buy a RMX server, register VSXs at RMX and create Federation with Active Directory of Lync Server forest.

2. Change VSX 7000 to HDX devices and use HDX as Lync Clients (register them in Active Directory).

Really there are no a way to use VSX 7000 as Lync clients?

Are two ways above right?

Regards,

Igor Shubin

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You can register a VSX 7000 to a Lync directory but it can't support RTV. RTV is the video protocol needed to work when doing Lync 2013 video calls for all connections. You could do a call in Lync 2010 only for the fact that Lync 2010 still used H.263 for it low definition calls. 

HP Recommended

The VSX does not have any native Microsoft OCS or Lync interoperability, regardless of the video codecs.  Lync is not a supported SIP platform on that older generation of endpoints; only HDX and Group Series endpoints support native interop

Connecting a VSX to a Microsoft (LDAP) directory does not provide any level of SIP interoperability with Lync.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.