Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

could you please let me the way to findout multipoint license for the below serial numbered device.

8210350CC0D1CN

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

As far as I can see this unit has never had any license keys for additional functionality.

See http://suport.polycom.com & look in Licensing & Product Activation.  The History is archived there.

The Licenses for s/w upgrade are there but no history of MultiPoint, RTV, 1080p or the older P&CIP, I/O or 4MBPS.

You maynee to purchase as HDX 4 Way MP License for this device.

Pete

HP Recommended

Sorry, make that http://support.polycom.com

HP Recommended

I lost multipoint key for VSX7000.  The serial number is 820423047F77AK.  Could you send me the activation code please or tell me how I can obtain this information

Best regards

HP Recommended

Hello Marcelo,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could you be so kind and follow the advise of pete that has been posted just above your Post?

You will be able to find the Licensing Dashboard and retrieve your own details for this unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Marcelo.  As & posted to the original post, I've checked your VSX on support.polycom.com Licensing & Activation & your VSX appears to have never had an MP key.  It's possible you may have been using the 5 minute trial, but if you are sure you did have an MP Key, you'll need to show proof of purchase & address this back through the channel from whom it was purchased.  Pete

HP Recommended

Hi Good day, is it possible to use MP key from one to another device with same model and differenct serial number, not both at same time, if Multipoint device goes faulty in the new device can we use same MP key to activiate in new...

Thanks in Advance

Mahesh Kumar

HP Recommended

No once a license KEY has been "£married" to a VSX/HDX end point, S#, the resulting MP CODE is unique to that S# & cannot be applied to another device.  see support.polycom.com Licensing & Activation.

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm aware that once it has been linked to a serial, that it generates the activation key for that device only.  My question is similar, but with a little more detail:

We have two VSX 8000 units, as well as several 7000 and 5000.  One of the two vsx8000 units had the multipoint license activated, and was acting as an MCU for 4 way video conferenced meetings in a church setting (across 4 campuses in a city).  The VSX 8000 with multipoint license activation DIED a few sundays ago.  Totally gone.  Repair isn't going to be worth it at this point.  I just want to know if the license for multipoint conferencing can be "de-registered" from that broken device permanently, and be used to generate a new key for the other VSX 8000 and remain with that machine.  

I do not want to use it on two machines.  I just need to permanently remove it from the broken machine so I can still use the software license we paid $3000 for on a different VSX 8000.  Does anyone here know if this can be done, and how I can do it?  I've tried the reseller and they haven't responded to any of my emails (very disappointing), and I couldn't find an answer on the web.  I'm desperate.  thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Hi Jon.  That sounds like a commercial issue right there. If your VSX8000 was under a maintenance contract OR you chose to pay for it to be repaired, Polycom would give you a new MP license key with the repaired/replaced unit.  With the help of your local Polycom & your reseller, I'm sure Polycom can help but it's not anything a tech support engineer can fix.

Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.