Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I require the part number for a foot long mini HDCI cable to RS-232 DB9 and RGB. is there such a thing?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Polycom uses the mini-HDCI connections on cables to differentiate between digital cameras and analog cameras. The HDCI to HDCI cables are for the analog cameras like the EagleEye III and EagleEye View.  The mini-HDCI to HDCI are for digital cameras like the EagleEye IV and the EagleEye Acoustic.

Since there is not an indication of the use case for the cable it is hard to advice as to a solution. I have attached an accessories data sheet for the RealPresence Group Series that has the available cables for other accessories to extend the digital cameras, like the DBA (Digital Breakout Adapter) and the EagleEye Digital Extender.

HP Recommended

If I use these two adapter cables; 

Polycom Digital Breakout Adapter 7200-68518-125

Polycom Codec Digital Breakout Cable - 7200-68524-125 

with a 50 foor active HDMI cable and RS-232 cable will I be able to extend the camera 50 feet just as I would if I was using a Polycom 2215-64200-001 EagleEye IV Digital Extender?

HP Recommended

You will also need power at the site of the camera or run a power lead along with your rs232 and hdmi feeds.

HP Recommended

The DBA allows the HDCI digital interface to be broken out into HDMI and RS-232, and it works in that application.  It would not be possible to state if using a sepcific cable with the DBA works or not, it would be up to the user and/or the integrator to verify the operation in each applicaiton.

The DBA for the camera does come with the AC adapter that will need to be used to power the camera.

HP Recommended

Hello Guys,

Does anyone projected this situation (attached) to use two cameras EEIV on a Group Codec 500 for example, using 2xDBA-Camera,1xDBA-Codec, HDMI MAtrix and Control Processor?

Is that possible to work?

Regards,

Ricardo

HP Recommended

Hi Ricardo,

Did your solution works?

Can you control the cameras from the processor using RS232?

Best regards,

Juanca

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.