Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Having an issue with m100 with error message 'Internal error occured. Try restarting.' This typically happens when answering a call.

Dialing out with m100 is reliable. At first thought I believed this was unique to my workstation but it is also happening on a Windows XP x86 SP3 box. Not sure if it is new issue. Typically my calls are outbound.

Logs show a stack of unhandled exception log files. All show access_violation error (c0000005). One is attached.

Troubleshooting to date:-

• Rebooted workstation -no change
  • Checked Adobe AIR installed and working (v3.0.0.4080)
  • Repaired m100 installation (using repair option in installer)

SystemInformation.log for Windows 7 x64 box below

---

OS Name : Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
OS Version : 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
OS Manufacturer : Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer : Dell Inc.
System Model : OptiPlex 760                
System Type : x64-based PC
BIOS Manufacturer : Dell Inc.
BIOS Version : A11
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E8400  @ 3.00GHz
CPU Cores : 2
CPU Speed : 2992
Total Disk Space : 159998146560
Time Zone : AUS Central Standard Time
Installer : Polycom_Telepresence_m100-1.0.0.8166_2451.exe

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I would assume this is the "missing destCallSignalAddress" bug: The m100 crashes if the incomming Setup doesn't contain a destCallSignalAddress element (which is technically optional).

I have notified Polycom months agao, but no reaction, yet. Thats unfortunate since you can remotely crash any m100 this way...

HP Recommended

Thanks for info. Went around in circles getting support from Polycom. Pushed back to Reseller and the ball in is motion. Through reseller, Polycom have been quick to say they dont support Windows 7 Enterprise. Cannot recall reading any of that in the product literature.

Will let you know how I go.

HP Recommended

Polycom released v1.0.4 in June. This release officially resolves the error.

HP Recommended

Dear All,

I installed polycom successfully on my xp desktop.

When i dialled it gives the error "The site you called could not be located. Check the calling information and try again"

I tried pining to the IP there was no reply.

Attached is the log file.

dbag

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.