Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have just installed m100 on a netbook and when I make a call the sound works fine, but I cannot see the video.   Calling the same IP address from my desktop works, in as much as I can see their video stream (not running m100).  I cannot say if the issue with m100 or with the netbook?

All I can say is that there are 4 buttons grayed out: show content, show PIP, show full-screen video and show far end camera control.

I'll be happy to follow any suggestions, I need this to work for a call in 19 hours from now!

Many thanks.

anne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Anne,

the release notes are pretty clear on this and it will only support Audio.

The only Mac product we currently have is the CMAD Client for Mac.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Anne,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The m100 Release notes => here <= state the minimum configuration needed to run the m100:

Polycom Telepresence m100 system’s capabilities vary depending on processor performance. The processor types and speeds listed below are intended as reference guides. Polycom Telepresence m100 will have equivalent capabilities
on other processors with equivalent performance.

Audio only
• Intel Atom CPU

Basic Video (Up to QVGA)
• Intel Core2 Duo 2 Cores 1.6 GHz
• Intel Pentium 2 Cores 2.0 GHz
Premium Video (Up to VGA)
• Intel Core 2 Duo CPU higher than 2.0 GHz
• Intel Core i3 4 Cores 1.6 GHz or higher
• Intel Core i5 4 Cores 1.6 GHz or higher
Content (Up to XGA send and 720p receive)
• Intel Core2 Duo 2 Cores 1.6 GHz or higher
• Intel Pentium 2 Cires 2.0 GHz or higher
• Intel Core i3 4 Cores 1.6 GHz or higher
• Intel Core i5 4 Cores 1.6 GHz or higher
HD Receive (Up to 720p)
• Intel Core2 Duo 2 Cores 1.6 GHz (up to 15 fps)
• Intel Pentium 2 Cores 2.0 GHz (up to 15 fps)
• Intel Core 2 Duo CPU higher than 2.0 GHz (up to 30 fps)
• Intel Core i3 4 Cores 1.6 GHz or higher (up to 30 fps)
• Intel Core i5 4 Cores 1.6 GHz or higher (up to 30 fps)

Is your Netbook equipped with an Atom processor?

In addition a firewall in your network could also cause one way video issues.

You did not specify what other technology you have used to make a successful call.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for this quick answer,

Yes the notebook has an Intel Atom CPU (1.6GHz).  So there is no way to get the video stream?

The successful call was made from my desktop with runs fedora, so I was not using a Polycom product, hence had limited settings to share my desktop.  This is why I borrowed the notebook and installed telepresence m100, but to no avail I gather.

Will Telepresence m100 work on an Apple laptop?

Thank you again,

anne

HP Recommended

Hello Anne,

the release notes are pretty clear on this and it will only support Audio.

The only Mac product we currently have is the CMAD Client for Mac.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.