Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there...I'm running m-100 software on both my HP Compaq Athlon 64 pc running XP and my HP Probook Laptop running Windows 7.

If I call from my PC to the laptop I can connect (only connects using the local IP specified in the m-100 box) and try to show content from PC to laptop it won't work....however if I do the reverse (laptop to pc) it works......only then can I show content from pc

to laptop.......it's as if I must go through the process of showing the content from pc to laptop before I can go both ways......

Can anyone help??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Just so I understand, the PC & the Laptop are on 10.x.x.x/24 for example so this is unlikely to be a routing/firewall issue.

I'm no Win XP/Win 7 expert but it looks like Windows Firewall might have something to do with this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.