Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

i have multiple endpoint on the LAN when calling another on the internet, the call always disconnect after 20 to 30 min.

(the call connects normally with audio/video)

i tried to decrease the TCP keep alive message on the HDX to 900 sec (15 min). but the same it disconnected after 32 min max.

what could be the problem? what i need to instrcut the Network administrators to check?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

you can do the following test:

1:point to point calling,seeing how long can the call last?

2:check the firewall settings about bandwith control.

HP Recommended

point to point calls disconnetec after time between 20 to 30 min. max time it could stay in the call is 32 min.

the call disconnect even i'm calling on 256K.  the custmer had 20Mbps so i don't think it is a bandwidth problem.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Have the firewall administrator check the TCP session timeout.  In H.323 call setup happens on TCP port 1720. When the call connects this port stays open and idle. Most firewall will see this as an issue and close the session.

HP Recommended

the network administrator set the timout  of H.323 and H.225 to Unlimited, but the call still disconnecting after the same duration

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.