Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a polycom 7000 VSX and a visual convert VSX. The video conference part works fine. But when I try to attach a pc it will not show any picture.

I have found this thread http://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/how-to-connect-polycom-visual-concert-vsx-to-the-VSX... - but it does not help me much

The VGA cable, should that go from the Visual concert VSX to my pc - or should the vga cable go from the Polycom 7000 to the PC?.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, 

The VSX 7000 should of came with a 50ft mic cable. The connector heads are brown and they have an offsite clip. This cable connects the Visual Concert to the VSX. The connection on the Visual Concert is on the bottom. From there you should be able connect your PC to the VGA input port on the Visual Concert. Also the mic cable being used should have a ferrite bead at one end. That end is what could be plugged into the VSX 7000 mic port. 

HP Recommended

See if this helps also.

HP Recommended

The error I get when connecting any pc is :pc input resolution and or refresh rate is not supported” 

Have tried 800x600 with 60hz and also 40hz - and different kinds of computers, but always the same message

HP Recommended

What connections are being made between Visual Concert and computer? DVI to VGA, VGA to VGA, or Maybe HDMI to DVI/VGA converter? Also what make and model of computers do you have? Also what happens when you do 1024x768 60hz to the VC? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Just normal vga to vga. But should there be any vga cable from the Visual Concert and the polycom 7000 ? - can not understand how the signal should go from there concert device to the monitor.

In the Visual concert there are 2 vga ports - one in each end

HP Recommended

The VSX Visual Concert works about the same way that the People + Content IP software does today.  The coding of the VGA happens in the VisualConcert box and is sent to the codec (VSX 7000) coded and ready to be sent to the far end and decoded at the codec to display on the near end.

HP Recommended

the 1024x768 60hz also does not work. Any other suggestion what can be done ? or anything further tested ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.