Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

hello everyone;

I subscribed to a subscription office 365 on the other hand I could not activate skype for business on my codec GroupSeries 500 I still have the SIP error msg Registration Failed

after looking nice apparently skype is no longer supported and it will be necessary to move to teams

could you help me to activate teams via office 365 ?

system software Release - 5.1.2-320034

hardware version 9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hello

If you expect an answer please open a ticket with Poly support.

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Boukentar ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Oct 10, 2016 Question: Does the RealPresence Group system support Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business 2015, or Lync 2013 Server?
Explanation: The Skype for Business and Microsoft Office 365 features included in this version of RealPresence Group Series version 6.1.1 is officially supported.

Utilizing a GroupSeries in Skype for Business Online mode no longer requires a PolycomTouch control

Note: This is not required for registration with the Skype for Business on-premises server.

Do you have a Skype for Business License for your Poly Group Series?

The GroupSeries will never support a native Teams registration and only supports Skype for Business on Premise or Skype for Business Online.

If you want to use Teams please look at RealConnect for Teams whilst working with a Poly reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with another GroupSeries 500 with version 6.1.5 and I have a 365 office account that provides the following services

Enterprise Mobility + Security E5
Azure Advanced Threat Protection
Microsoft Cloud App Security
Azure Information Protection Premium P2
Azure Information Protection Premium P1
Azure Rights Management
Microsoft Intune
Azure Active Directory Premium P2
Microsoft Azure Multi-Factor Authentication
Azure Active Directory Premium P1
Microsoft Teams Commercial Cloud (User Initiated)
Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Stream for O365 E1 SKU
Office 365 Business Essentials
Whiteboard (Plan 1)
Insights by MyAnalytics
Microsoft Kaizala Pro
Stream for Office 365
Office Mobile Apps for Office 365
To-Do (Plan 1)
Microsoft Forms (Plan E1)
Flow for Office 365
PowerApps for Office 365
Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Planner
Sway
Office Online
Yammer Enterprise
Exchange Online (Plan 1)
Skype for Business Online (Plan 2)
SharePoint Online (Plan 1)
HP Recommended

Hi @Boukentar,

the Group500 does not support Teams natively, only SfB. So you should register the GS500 to SfB online. I hope your O365 tenant is set to "Island" in coexistant mode, this mode enables you to use Teams and SfB in parallel. By the way, SfB is still alive (July 2021).

So I think your SIP settings are wrong. Have a look at the Deployment Guide and compare your settings.

https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/telepresence-and-video/group-series...

If you want to join Teams meetings, you´ll have to use a interoperability service like Polycom RealConnect for Teams.  

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer

can you check the screen size I set for the SIP configuration ...

HP Recommended

Your firewall settings are wrong. These settings are for "normal" IP communication and you should set "fixed ports", uncheck "H.460 FW Trav" and NAT to automatic. 

Are you able to use a SfB-Client on PC with your credentials? Does it work?

HP Recommended

yes my account SFB is functional also to know that I have no firewall at the moment on my network Can you check My screenshot

HP Recommended

Hello Is there any news on this subject?

HP Recommended
Hello

If you expect an answer please open a ticket with Poly support.

Replied via a mobile device

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.