Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is anyone else having ZDM fail to update their Studio X devices and Zoom's only answer is a hard reset and start all over?

I'm on my third X50 (3.11.0-364021) that will not update via ZDM (10.4 or 10.6) and the only solution seems to be a hard reset. Which wouldn't be a big deal if these affected systems were not in remote offices that do not have IT staff, so now you have to have to talk an admin person through shoving a paper clip into it and hope that does the trick. 

😕

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello jbass@bsk.com 

Welcome back to the Poly community!

It looks If Zoom support asked to factory reset then device need to factory reset. This is controlled by partner (zoom).

if partner do no provide us the updates or the updates do not given before or after the launch of  Poly firmware update it wont be inserted to Poly firmware.

Suggest you to take up this with Zoom.

HP Recommended

Hello jbass@bsk.com 

Welcome back to the Poly community. 

In addition to what my colleague @Poly_Rahul  said, The 3.11 release incorporates Zoom VendorOS API v1.7 and ZDM 2.0 on G7500 and Studio X systems and Poly TC8.

Updating the device to 3.11 should automatically update the partner app ( Zoom room in this case )

If any app update has been released by the provider (E.g Zoom, Microsoft), it is usually incorporated in the next OS release. 

Please confirm if you are specifically looking to update only Zoom room app or Poly VideoOS 3.11.0 software?

Regards,

HP Recommended

All of my devices are running VideoOS 3.11, ZDM has updated some of them to 3.10.6 and others it doesn't it just hangs at "Updating...". I've been dealing with this for weeks, I enabled automatic updating via ZDM, some of them updated and others went offline w/a "cannot verify connection" error, the only solution was a hard reset and start from scratch which is not really a solution, it's a last resort.  Zoom's first suggestion is always to check firewall settings even though these devices were previously working fine and others on the same subnet updated w/o an issue. 

Thanks for the response.

HP Recommended

I was able to get one of the systems activated and back online this AM and updating to ZR 10.4/10.6 is no longer via available via ZDM. I guess that  proves my theory that there is something wrong with ZDM.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.