Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We seem to have an issue whereby on just one of our X50s (we have quite a few), the incoming video doesn't display on screen when joining a Teams meeting via Poly RealConnect. This was working fine up until a few weeks ago and then we fixed it and not it appears to have the same issue. 

It shows our outgoing video in the bottom right hand corner, but the main screen where the incoming video should be is blank (a shade of black/grey). 

We had this problem before and we managed to fix it by toggling the settings from Full Screen mode to Corner mode and making sure it wasn't set to Dual screen mode also. I've tried toggling these settings and also rebooting the device but it still won't show the incoming video from other participants in the Teams meeting. 

Has anyone got an ideas what I could try next and I'm stumped. 

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @DJ054 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First or Read 1st and if available the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

Unfortunately, your post fell a bit short of the above-explained requirements and we kindly ask you, therefore, to ensure to read these sections and ensure a reply (not Edit!) provides as much detail as possible

Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the FAQ’s listed in my signature for your convenience.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Apologies, here is some more information on our setup: 

Poly Studio X50 (Hwardware version: 1, Software version: 3.10.0-362035, serial: 8L2033569885FB)

Poly unit is in Poly mode, using the RealConnect licence, but the issue we're seeing here is when joining a Teams meeting. SIP is the default protocol being used. 

TC-8 Touch screen installed also

This is a new issue, previously the unit was working correctly for a period of months. We also have other X50 setups in different meeting rooms which are working ok. 

I've also attached a screenshot of the monitor settings which we have in place at the moment, I think these are correct, for a single monitor and to display incoming video as the main focus and outgoing video in the corner? 

If you need any further information which would be helpful please let me know. 

HP Recommended

Hello @DJ054 ,

This would need to be looked at by our official support organisation. Please open a ticket.

https://www.poly.com/us/en/support

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I will certainly do that but could you clarify what this forum is for? Should I only use support tickets in future because I have a support contract? If that is the case I will only use them and never the community forums. 

But knowing when and how I can use each would be beneficial. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @DJ054 ,

as stated in the Announcements >here< the community is run by volunteers. Some may be Poly employees but we cannot handle a support issue via the medium of a community forum.

Your issue needs logs and Wireshark traces to be analyzed and as for my person, I am unable to do this in the community.

Other issues can be discussed and you may find help here.

I hope that explains this

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi DJ054, I think it is good to share issues you encounters during your daily work.

This can help other community member who are facing similar issues.
The solution can of course also come from other members.

But in some cases it goes further then sharing topics which each other and start the need to address this issue via the support channel. The nice part is that when it is solved you can update the topic and report the solution back, like updating to a specific version or other setting etc.

And this helps other member in the community.
BR.

HP Recommended

Thank you, I really thought this was a good place to ask questions and also answer them for others.

When we onboarded that is certainly how this community was explained to us by our  onboarding technical advisor, we were told it was a good alternative to support as others may have had similar issues and you can get a feel for new emerging issues. 

Turns out the issue didn't actually require any logs or Wireshark captures at all, for the benefit of anyone who finds this post the solution to the issue was very simple, the HDMI output had been moved to the wrong port. 

This allowed the unit to function almost normally with the exception of incoming video. We just needed to move the HDMI cable to the center port which is for the primary display, previously it was plugged into the top HDMI port which is the secondary display. 

This certainly seems like a solution for the community.

Also as I'm being quoted to read various links here is one: 

Welcome to the Polycom Support Community Site!

This is a public site for everyone to use. While we want to make the site a fun experience for our users, we'd like to also ask that you help us keep it professional and relevant. We have created these guidelines to ensure that all Polycom Support Community users have a positive and constructive experience.

I can't say my experience has been inline with that statement this time, but thank you for your time anyway and I hope this helps someone else. 

HP Recommended

Hello @DJ054 ,

Great news that you could fix this installation/user error by using the wrong HDMI port. This is most likely an issue we could have been guessing about forever.

Support would have been able to check most likely the alldata.txt in the logs and compare it with a good working device and see the "wrong" HDMI port was active.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Do you have a TC8 connected? We found an issue where some users could seen video some of the time until we unplugged the TC8. It seems with the new update, I'm guessing here, that the TC8 is seen as a video source?          .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.