Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

X50 Software Version: 3.2.2-226104 & 3.2.1-224090
Trio C60 UC Software: 5.9.5.2983

I have numerous X50 systems deployed w/Trio C60s paired as controllers in Zoom Rooms mode, just he X50's mics are an option. 
I have noticed that some of these systems did not list the Trio as a mic under Audio/Video  > Audio > Audio Input. All of the X50s & Trios are configured the same. I unpaired the C60, updated the X50 to 3.2.2, rebooted the Trio and paired them again but the results were the same; no Trio mic. The Trio functions fine as a Zoom Rooms controller, just no option to be a mic.

So far the only solution that I have found (I've only done it once) is to reset X50, select Poly mode, pair the Trio and it appears as a mic. Change the provider to Zoom Rooms, pair the phone and it works as it should. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

-James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After working with Poly Support the only solution was to do a hard reset on the X50 and reconfigure from scratch. Once the device was reset the Trio appeared a mic again. Hopefully this doesn't occur again as these devices are going to be deployed in small regional offices w/no IT staff on site.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @jbass@srcinc 

I have a little bit different setup here:

- Studio X30 (FW: 3.2.2-226103)

- Trio 8800 (FW: 5.9.5.2982)

But got the same problem. Changed X30 provider to Zoom, switched Trio to Zoom mode, paired both devices and registered to Zoom Room account.

Studio X30 does not give me any option to change microphone. As for speakers - I can choose only between "TV Speakers" and "System Speakers".

When trying to do the same via Trio interface it's even worse - it shows only build-in speaker/microphone and nothing can be done with it.

I would suggest you to open a support ticket for this issue. I will probably do the same.

Cheers

Lukasz

HP Recommended

@LKVer,

Thanks for the response. That's definitely my plan, I just wanted to see if I was alone in this issue before opening a ticket. I'll be sure to share the response that I get.

-James

HP Recommended

Service Request Number 1-19826725561

Also regarding your issue;
I can still select the Trio for audio output, but it's not listed as a mic.

HP Recommended

After working with Poly Support the only solution was to do a hard reset on the X50 and reconfigure from scratch. Once the device was reset the Trio appeared a mic again. Hopefully this doesn't occur again as these devices are going to be deployed in small regional offices w/no IT staff on site.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.