Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

A client recently asked us to migrate their Poly X30/X50 Zoom Rooms to Teams. All of the devices were purchased with native Zoom enabled so the upgrade process was a little funky. We had to downgrade all of them to the earliest release of the firmware (3.0.0) to remove their Zoom binding and switch them to Poly mode. Once there we had to upgrade to 3.3.1 with it still in Poly mode and then finally to 3.5.0 where we switched it to Teams mode. This worked on the X30's with only a few minor issues but when it came time to do the X50 we just can't seem to get it to switch out of Poly or Zoom mode. We followed the same exact steps on the X50 that we did with X30's but the option to switch the provider from Poly to anything else is grayed out and unavailable. The only time it switches away from Poly is if we perform a factory reset or use the web UI to upgrade from 3.3.1 to 3.5.0.

We thought this may have been caused by the X50 being registered in Lens where the others were not. However, we removed the X50 from Lens and tried the same process but got the same result. We are stuck and the client wants to move to Teams. Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated! See screenshot for Provider option being grayed out on the X50.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi jschwartz, Have you tried to set the Provider in Lens to Teams?
Provisioning the factory reset X50 again to Lens where the Provider is set to Teams in Lens.

HP Recommended

Hello @jschwartz ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

If a device is purchased for a specific provider mode the provider can add them to our ZTO database and therefore prevent them from being used with any other provider. A bit like a mobile phone tied to a certain provider.

I can only ask you to contact Zoom so if they can remove the devices on their end.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Beyond Conference,

I did not try that but I am wondering if the fact that we had purchased these as native Zoom appliances would have blocked it in Lens as well. Either way, another reload of the firmware and a factory reset once it was on version 3.5.0 did the trick and unlocked the Provider options for us.

I appreciate the response! 

HP Recommended

I just wanted to follow up on my post in case it would help somebody in the future.

We were able to get the Provider options to show again by doing the following sequence (I am not sure if this is the correct sequence but this worked for me):

1. Remove the device from Lens completely

2. Reload the 3.0.0 firmware using a USB

3. Switch the provider from Zoom to Poly

4. Load the 3.3.1 firmware using a USB

5. Load the 3.5.0 (or latest) firmware using the web UI

6. Factory Reset all settings (uncheck all boxes in the prompt)

7. Upon reset, the Provider options are available and able to switch to Teams.

HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

Thank you for the feedback. If I run into this in the future, I will try contacting Zoom first to see if they can remove the provider lock on the devices. We were able to resolve it using the steps I outlined in my follow-up post. Thanks for the information!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.