Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have an X70 with a paired C60 in Teams mode.  I have assigned the teams room license, a domestic calling license, and a phone number.

I can call into the room fine.

I can't figure out how to call out.  If I press the dialpad button on the C60, enter a number and press dial, nothing at all happens.  

Ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @ErikU ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First or Read 1st and if available the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

Unfortunately, your post fell a bit short of the above-explained requirements and we kindly ask you, therefore, to ensure to read these sections and ensure a reply (not Edit!) provides as much detail as possible

Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the FAQ’s listed in my signature for your convenience.

As for the problem described the Poly Studio X70 is not a Microsoft Teams certified device. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi @ErikU

I think, there is a fundamental misunderstanding here. The Trio C60 is an audioconference phone that natively supports teams, audio calls ONLY!
The X70 is a video conferencing device that does not support teams at this time.
You can operate the C60 with the x70, but only in controller mode, i.e. as an extended remote control.

HP Recommended

Yes, I understand this.  The C60 is paired with the X70 and I am using the C60 as a controller to the X70.

Versions:

X70: 3.9.0-358026

C60: 7.1.4.0201

This is in Teams mode with the C60 paired to the X70.  I have added a teams calling plan and assigned a phone number to the X70. The X70 Teams idle screen shows the phone number. I can dial in using the phone number and answer, everything works for incoming calls.  I can make outgoing teams calls and join meetings as expected.  The system has worked as expected until I tried to add a phone number and make an outgoing phone call.

I can't make an outgoing phone call.  When the X70 is showing the idle teams screen, I press the dialpad on the C60, enter a phone number, and press dial. Nothing happens and the C60 goes back to the idle screen.  

How do I make an outgoing phone call using the phone number assigned?

HP Recommended

Hello @ErikU ,

I had already replied that the Studio X70 at present is not certified to be used with Microsoft Teams. I am unsure if our partner Microsoft actively bocks the user agent but check the release notes. Only Studio X30 and Studio X50 are Teams certified.

We cannot help you with the Studio X70

I can only suggest working with a Poly reseller and/or Poly sales Engineer to keep you updated on the timeline or monitor software releases and their release notes or announcements in the community.

I would not want to have to close this post as we already explained this fact.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry for the mix up, This IS a X50.  I'm not sure why I had X70 in my head, perhaps because I had been reading about it recently.  I'll start a new thread properly.

HP Recommended

(apologies for the model number confusion in the previous post)

I have an X50 with a paired C60 configured to Microsoft Teams.  Everything works as expected, but I'm unable to make an outgoing phone call.

Versions:

X50: 3.9.0-358026

C60: 7.1.4.0201

I have added a Teams room, a calling plan and assigned a phone number to the X50. The X50 Teams idle screen shows the phone number. I can dial in using the phone number and answer, everything works for incoming calls.  I can make outgoing teams calls and join meetings as expected.  The system has worked as expected until I tried to add a phone number and make an outgoing phone call.

I can't make an outgoing phone call.  When the X50 is showing the idle teams screen, I press the dialpad on the C60, enter a phone number, and press dial. Nothing happens and the C60 goes back to the idle screen.  

How do I make an outgoing phone call using the phone number assigned?

HP Recommended

Hello @ErikU ,

no need for a new post. I simply updated the topic subject. If you can see the Studio X in the Microsoft Teams Admin Center aka the TAC then our partner Microsoft should be consulted for any issues.

From our Video FAQ:

Sep 14, 2021 Question: How can I report Issues with Teams running on a Poly device in Native Teams mode?

Resolution: Please collect the Logs as shown => here <=  and submit them to our Partner Microsoft. You will need to work with Microsoft for this via the explained method >here<.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.