Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Due to an infrastructure upgrade we have had scheduled power outages recently and we've also have had some issues w/ISP connectivity as well. Both of these have lead to some of our Studio X based Zoom Rooms to lose their activation and requiring that a new activation code be generated. It's random and doesn't occur with all of the rooms that are affected by the outages but at this time it appears to only be Polycom Studio X devices.
Has anyone else experienced something like this?
FWIW: I've sent this same question to Zoom as well. 

Model: Studio X50
Software Version: 3.2.1-224090
Zoom Rooms: 5.2.0.243

Thanks,
James
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Just as an update:
I had an X50/Zoom Room system auto update to 3.2.1-224090 late last night and this AM it was no longer activated. 
So that's a total of three systems that this has happened to so far.

HP Recommended

Yes I saw this after simply rebooting a lot of units last week.   I have close to 100 G7500 rooms and half a dozen ended up with this problem.

Be lucky you are on the X series. There are so many bugs in 3.2.x right now, I am going back to 3.1.3.

HP Recommended

Hello @jbass_srcinc ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Was this reported to our partner Zoom as it is their application running with this? If yes can we have a ticket reference?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Zoom ticket: 8636211

HP Recommended

Phillip,

Sorry to hear that you're having the same issue. I don't have nearly as many devices as you but it's a PITA either way. I think that I'll roll one back to 3.13 and see how it goes.

Thanks for the info and good luck!

-James

HP Recommended

Hello all,

could everybody please report this also into our support organisation as we are unable to replicate this internally.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Had this happen again last night on an X50 running 3.2.1-224090, so I bumped it to the new re-released 3.2.2-226104. Hopefully this rectifies the issue as this device is in a remote office where the onsite staff is less than technical. If not then it's back to 3.13 for the duration. 

HP Recommended

We have the same issue with Poly X30 for now only one device is affected. I believe it's a bug with ZoomRoom application running on Android OS. Poly has to escalate this via Zoom partnership channel.

HP Recommended

I had it happen again w/UC version 3.1.3-220008. The system reboots and loses activation. 
I'll cross my fingers and bump it to 3.2.3.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.