Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Sometimes when we run presentations, we have most of the people in a meeting room and the others connected via video conferencing. We are running a Polycom HDX4500 unit in our meeting room and a HDX7000 in another location.

The presenter uses a laptop connected to a data projector, which all the participants in the room can see. For the other participants joining via video conferencing, we run Polycom People+Content IP to send the presentation to the HDX7000 at the other location and onto their TV screen. This allows the people using the HDX7000 to see the content, plus hear the presenter.

We have three problems when doing this:

1. The People+Content IP connection drops out regularly.

2. When the screen changes, it takes a while to update on the other end.

3. We see the presentation as well on the HDX4500. We would like to still see the people at the other location via the HDX7000 camera from the HDX4500 screen but not the content. i.e. share the content one way.

We are running the video call at 1024K over a WAN link that's 20Mb at the HDX4500 end and 4Mb at the HDX7000 end.

Is there a better way for us to share these presentations with remote people and still see them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Also, in Admin>Monitors you could specify that you do not want either monitor (local) to show content.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Robert.

I haven't thought this through too hard but it sounds like you may need a DA.

Extron, Kramer & a few others will do.

Essentially, I'm proposing you connect the VGA/Computer output to the 1 to 2 DA. One connector goes to the local projector & one to the HDX4500.

That may set you on the road.

Pete T

HP Recommended

The solution proposed by petet will not resolve my problem. It just sends the VGA connection to the projector and HDX 4500 on my desk at the same time. Not what i'm after as I can't see the remote party any more.

I do not want the content to display on the HDX4500 because it's already on my data projector fo everyone to see. I want to see the remote party on the HDX4500 and have them see the content on their HDX7000.

Is there a way to display the content on only one of the units in the video conference, not both?

HP Recommended

1. The People+Content IP connection drops out regularly.

WHICH IP ADDRESS ARE YOU CONNECTING TO, THE HDX4500 or THE HDX7000.  CONNECT YOUR P&CIP TO THE LOCAL HDX.

2. When the screen changes, it takes a while to update on the other end.

YEP! I'M AFRAID IT WILL ULESS YOU CHANGE THE CAMERA SETTINGS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PC INPUT TO MOTION AS OPPOSED TO SHARPNESS.  QUALITY PREFERENCE CAN ALSO BE SET TO PEOPLE, CONTENT or BOTH.

3. We see the presentation as well on the HDX4500. We would like to still see the people at the other location via the HDX7000 camera from the HDX4500 screen but not the content. i.e. share the content one way.

YOU'RE ALWAYS GOING TO GET CONTENT, PERHAPS A 2ND MONITOR OR EMPLOY VIEW LAYOUT OPTIONS IN "DUAL MONITOR EMULATION" (default on the HDX4000) TO MINIMISE THE IMPACT OF YOUR CONTENT BEING SEEN ON THE FAR END MONITOR LOCALLY.

We are running the video call at 1024K over a WAN link that's 20Mb at the HDX4500 end and 4Mb at the HDX7000 end.

Is there a better way for us to share these presentations with remote people and still see them?

HP Recommended

Also, in Admin>Monitors you could specify that you do not want either monitor (local) to show content.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.