Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

At my previous position we updated our Studio X systems via an on-site server and when we did the version of Zoom Rooms was updated to whatever was embedded in the update. However whenever we update new units via Poly's update server the version of Zoom Rooms doesn't update (they typically have ver 5.9.4 installed). Is this something new? Is it possible to update Zoom Rooms outside ZDM? 

Thanks,
James

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello jbass@bsk.com 

Welcome back to the Poly community!

if the partner(Zoom) do no provide us the updates or the updates do not given before or after the launch of Poly firmware update it wont be inserted to our firmware.

HP Recommended

Hello jbass@bsk.com 

Welcome back to the Poly community. 

As explained in my other response, The 3.11 release incorporates Zoom VendorOS API v1.7 and ZDM 2.0 on G7500 and Studio X systems and Poly TC8.

Updating the device to 3.11 should automatically update the partner app ( Zoom room in this case )

If any app update has been released by the provider (E.g Zoom, Microsoft), it is usually incorporated in the next OS release. 

Some notes on software updates:

• If you use Zoom Rooms as your primary conferencing application, Poly recommends regularly
updating your system in the Zoom Admin Portal.
• Poly supports automatic software updates from the last major software release (3.9.0). If you
have an earlier software version, you must update to the next major release before updating to
the latest release. When updating this way, you must update using USB update

I would recommend to check if firewall rules have been set properly. For your easy reference, you may refer to the following link :

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360028018111-Remotely-upgrading-Zoom-Room-devices-with-ZDM

Regards,

HP Recommended

• If you use Zoom Rooms as your primary conferencing application, Poly recommends regularly
updating your system in the Zoom Admin Portal. <--<< This process is broken, hence my posts. This has happened to at least 3 X50s so far and Zoom's initial repsonse is always firewall settings. I think that that is page one in their response checklist. 😕

• Poly supports automatic software updates from the last major software release (3.9.0). If you
have an earlier software version, you must update to the next major release before updating to
the latest release. When updating this way, you must update using USB update <--<< Occasionally there are issues with VideoOS updates/releases so I choose to not enable automatic updates but rather install them on one device to test then the rest after a week or two.

Updating the device to 3.11 should automatically update the partner app ( Zoom room in this case ) Zoom Rooms is at v3.10.6, the version bundled w/VideoOS is at v5.9.4; I'm just trying to get the version of Zoom Rooms updated and ZDM isn't working consistently or reliably.

Thanks for the reply.

HP Recommended

I was able to get one of the systems activated and back online this AM and updating to ZR 10.4/10.6 is no longer via available via ZDM. I guess that  proves my theory that there is something wrong with ZDM.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.