Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have several GS500 and 700 running SW 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 and all are having issues with video conferences. When in a Skype meeting e.g. between one GS700 and a S4B Win 7 PC client (meeting is arranged through Outlook and the Skype meeting link is inserted), video and sound is OK in both ends. But as soon as any content is shared, the Polycom video in far end on the Skype client disappears and only the content is shown. On the Polycom side everything looks OK. When stopping content, both local and far side comes back on.

Is this a bug or something we have configured wrong? We use Skype for Business servers 2015 ver. 6.0.9319.259 hosted locally. We would very much like that both parties can see each other when sharing content in a Skype meeting.

Br,

Lars

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

From what I'm seeing, either the unit must receive a RDP stream, or it transmits VbSS (Video based screen sharing).  So far I've found no evidence that it will send an RDP stream, which is what we were all hoping for.

HP Recommended

Is this as designed? I experience this as well. Video is sent and if you "share content" the content is sent and video stops. Stop content and video is back. It's not what I would call a 'video conference'

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.