Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've got a VSX8000 portable and it seems to want to be a pain.  I'm trying to place the incoming content on one TV, and the incoming video from the remote classroom on a second TV.  The problem is, this unit is not recognizing the incoming content as "content" but rather the video stream.

I've set up the system exactly as it's shown in the manual, though with no luck.  I found out that it's receiving the content in this way when I got into the settings, and by adding/removing checks from the "content" column there is no change, but if I have the content being received, and I add or remove checks from the "far" video, then the screens are affected.

Could someone assist me? 

Thanks in advance!

Troy Forsyth

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Sounds like the content is being sent as H.239 and the VSX8000 does not have H.239 turned on. 

In the Call Preference menu under Network be sure H.239 is checked.

HP Recommended

I just verified. H.239 is checked.

There is another difference between a system that works, and this one we are having issues with.  The software in the "malfuncitoning" one is actually newer.

HP Recommended

This is the one that isn't receiving right:

Software Version:Release 9.0.1 - 18Jul2008 11:01
Boot UI Version:0.21.7B.16

HP Recommended

Are there any other things I could try? We are needing this to work pretty badly.

HP Recommended

Be sure the VSX is not in "Basic Mode" found in 'Network' > 'Call Preferences'  

HP Recommended

Sounds like the problem is on the remote side. Please check the call statistics for both people and content Rx properties.

HP Recommended
We have tested it on multiple locations and the results of the same. The problem appears to be on our side, I will be testing the basic check mark solution this morning
HP Recommended

The Basic mode check was removed and the system is functioning properly. Thank you for the help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.