Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have this morning been trying to connect to an external IP address from our Polycom VSX 7000 it connects straight away and i have confirmation that the far side can see the near side but the near side just has a black screen. Also there is no audio. Our system is using h.323 and the internal device is NAT'ed at our Checkpoint firewall to an external IP address. The only traffic that i could see dropped at the firewall was for protocol RSVP so i moved the node on the firewall to an elevated rule that allowed access any destination and  any service (so all protocols allowed).

Also when i got he far side to initiate the call the polycom rings once and immediatelly brings up a message call disconnected.

If they are using SIP would this be a problem or should it be able to connect any ip system irregardless to protocol?

We have always been able to connect to our various internal systems across our wan but these do not traverse a firewall but they are all H323 polycom systems.

Are there any addiational things i need to look at regards NAT on the polycom device itself?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have this same issue during P2P calls. However, when we connect through our MCU 4501 the picture appears. Is this a firewall issue or endpoint malfunction? I'm trying to connect with a Cisco SX20. it appears I'm not receving 4SIF video on P2P calls. I've attached a screen shot to help troubleshoot.

V/r,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.