Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have an important issue with my VSX7000A.

When I turn it on, the main menu is not loaded but the BootUI screen (version 0.9.7A). It starts searching for an IP address, so I have to connect it to a DHCP server. Once it's got an IP address, it asks for a software update by means of softupdate.exe

As Polycom license webpage shows for my serial number, my firmware version is 8.5. I can also see my upgrade key code.

I've downloaded two softupdate versions from Polycom.com, versions 8.5.2 and 8.5.3. Both can reach my VSX7000 properly, and can even erase the flash memory perfectly, but when I try to update the software, I'll get a "bad key code" message.

I have also tried to perform a factory reset pressing and holding the remote "0" key while the device is waking up, but it doesn't work either.

Any help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.