Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me with a weird problem that we are experiencing with our VSX 7000A unit.

Every once in a while, during a point to point or multi point video call the camera will do one of two things;

1. The camera will turn / swivel off to one direction. It's always the same direction but it does it for no apparent reason. This is without the remote control being touched and the 'far control of near camera' is not activated.

2. The camera will totally loses focus and just become a blur on the screen. It's not a case of network / bandwidth pixalation or anything because even the display on the local end is very blurry.

We are running the following firmware, which I think is the latest, maybe someone can confirm this - Release 9.0.6.1 - 29Sep2010 12:56

Has anyone out there seen any such issues before? Please help it's driving my boss (and me) mad.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi. There is a V9.0.6.2 but I doubt that's it.  I hope you're VSX is under maintenance as this sounds like a faulty camera.

You national P{olycom Tech Support contacts will be able to confirm maintenance status & assist in raising a RMA.

Regards

Pete

HP Recommended

Hi Andrew,

As Petet wrote earlier, I can confirm the issue is hardware related.

We had several of these models in our fleet with the same issue and had them sent off to Polycom for a replacement.

As for a temporary fix - the issue can be resolved for a short amount of time by physically power-cycling the unit, however it does not last long.

Another option is playing with the zoom to get the image to it's "best" possible state, but again this is a temporary solution until an RMA process can be initiated.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.