Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a VSX 7000 that is experiencing echo/reverb on the local side during video conferences.  The far end does not exhibit the issue.  I have looked at all connections, reseated/unplugged - any thoughts on what may be causing the issue?  thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Are you hearing the echo in the local room ?  Is this during a call ?

If it is during a call, ask the Far End to mute their microphone.   If the echo goes away, it's Their problem.

If not, then you have an audio loop in the room. 

On the VSX make sure you plug into the correct audio out and NOT the VCR out.

Good luck

Gary M

HP Recommended

Thanks Gary -  yes, it is during live calls and I think we've basically been told that its our end with the issue.  i did forget to mention that we have a sub-woofer included with the setup, so I am not sure if that would lend anything more to the solution process.  I can look at the audio out vs vcr out connection too.

HP Recommended

If you hear echo, ask the far end to mute...  If you don't hear any more echo, it's the Far End's problem..

SubWoofer should not make any difference on this one as long as it's plugged into the right place on the VSX.

Gary M

HP Recommended

Thanks again.  Will look at our connection points and see what the other side can do w testing me at some point next (they're OOO atm).

HP Recommended

Looked and connections are good.  Tried to test with a ViewStation on another floor in this location.    Same issue, so I would think the problem resides on the local end.  One room hears OK, the other hears slight echo/delay.

HP Recommended

Is there a chance that the mic in your room is close to the speakers that are carrying the incoming audio? If they are, that may be one of the reasons for the slapback/echo...

HP Recommended

We had the person in the other room move to the far end of the room.  There was no change in anything, besides the volume.

I looked at all diagnostics etc, the only thing not done is a system reset.   Don;t know if that would have any effect???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.