Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

i have a problem in vsx 7000 station, i forgot the password and i tried to reset erfl in system recovery menu by pressing 0.

the station is reachable on 1.1.1.2 ip but when i started the softupdate, it failed to update and give me this message is status "221 service closing control connection" so it seems something wrong in ftp connection, also i tried to open ftp using cmd, also give me this message "Connection closed by remote host."

the serial number is 82073008D598N9 and the version displayed in system recovery menu is 0.21.7B.17

thanks to help

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

the only way to reset a password is to do a 'System Reset' from the diagnostics menu under 'System'. This requires you to enter the system serial number.  The new password will then default to the system serial number. 

HP Recommended

the system reset menu is asking for room password not for the serial number, so is there  any method to reset it?

thanks

HP Recommended

Quoted from knowledge base:

There is no quick way of bypassing the Administrator password, if it is lost and needs to be reset. The user needs to go into the boot ui and reload software.

1. Turn the unit off
  2. Hold down the 0 key on the remote and boot the system. (this places the unit into a boot ui state)
  3. Load new software to this unit

You will probably be prompted for your license key, depending on what version you try to install. If you do not have this any longer but have paid for the software, you can get one generated from the software downloads site.

4. The first screen of the install, states password. Leave this field empty and just hit the key to go on.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, could you solve it?

thanks

HP Recommended

Hello ACR,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you follow the post above yours ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

the serial number is 8208420AD32CAK

i have a problem in vsx 7000 station, i forgot the password and i tried to reset erfl in system recovery menu by pressing 0.

the station is reachable on 1.1.1.2 ip but when i started the softupdate, it failed to update and give me this message is status "221 service closing control connection" so it seems something wrong in ftp connection, also i tried to open ftp using cmd, also give me this message "Connection closed by remote host."

the system reset menu is asking for room password not for the serial number, so is there  any method to reset it?

HP Recommended
Hello everyone

I have the same problem, I have a room password and it does not correspond to the serial number; How can I make a reset of manufacturing values? My device is VSX7000 with serial number 8206220760A0AK

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello everyone

I have the same problem, I have a room password and it does not correspond to the serial number; How can I make a reset of manufacturing values? My device is VSX7000 with serial number 8206220760A0AK

Thank ypu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.