Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi ,

We have Polycom VSX 7000 , we have upgraded Latest firmware on that after that Polycom is not starting, NO startup window,

i can hear startup sound for 4 sec then it restarts automatically ....

How to do a factory reset(Hard reset)???

Thanks in advance,

Karthik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I suggest you download the S/W for ALL VSX & V Series, then it'll work out for itself which version of the VSX7000 you have.  It's MUCH bigger but ultimately easier.  Pete

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Facto0ry Reset ojn VSX is Hold down "0" button then turn on the power.  It will probably default to S-Video Output but I'm sure you can manage that.  Pete

HP Recommended

Thanks Pete,

I tried Pressing 'o' but didn't help, its rebooting continuously and while booting just a 3 sec startup music and restarts again ...

And is there any option on Polycom itself to do factory reset (physically) ?

Regards,

Karthik

HP Recommended

Factory reset is "Zero" button whilst powering up.  Try it again with everything unplugged except monitor & power.  Faulty Mic.Mic leads have been known to "pull down" the Codecs PSU.  Pete

HP Recommended

Hi Petet,

i tried "Zero" still same it boots gives a startup booting audio for 5 Seconds then every 2 mins Gives booting audio and goes off .. 😞 ...

I read a blog on polycom community , for factory reset they gave below procedure !!!

To log in the user name is admin and the password is the admin password set on
the system in the Security screen in the UI.
Type “bin” and press enter.
Type “quo swus” and then press enter. This will bring the system up in the
software update mode after a reboot.
Type “quo boot” and then press enter to reboot the system.
Type “quit” and then press enter to close the ftp session.
After the system has rebooted into the software update mode ftp into the system
again by following steps 1 through 2.
Type “bin” and press enter.
Type “quo erfl” and then press enter. The system should now start reformatting
the flash.

The system should now have a fresh load of software without any of the previous
settings; all Address Book entries and User Settings are deleted and the
system will come up in the Out Of Box sequence.

Can i try above step ???

HP Recommended

You certainly could but it's a Telnet connection & the system may not stay "up" long enough.  Pete

HP Recommended

Hi Petet,

Now i got a screen saying System ready for update but i couldnt find any Firmaware for VSX 7000A ..

Even not in Polycom site .. i tried using VSX 7000 it says invalid firmware .. let me know where i can download VSX 7000A Firmware ????

i need below version of software ...

Release 8.7.1 - 04Feb2008 08:45
Boot UI Version:0.9.7B.14
MAC Address:00.e0.db.09.ce.e8
Model:VSX 7000A (128)

HP Recommended

I suggest you download the S/W for ALL VSX & V Series, then it'll work out for itself which version of the VSX7000 you have.  It's MUCH bigger but ultimately easier.  Pete

HP Recommended

Downloaded but its asking for software key ... i dont have the software key pls let me know where to find the key ...

Regards,

Karthik

HP Recommended

Follow this link,

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/licenserequest/overview.htm

You can create a user account if you do not have one @ support.polycom.com

Throught SITE & Single Activation select Activate Now & enter your S#.

3 TAbs will appear, look in Update.  If it says available but not entitled, you system is not under a currect maintenance contract

& no Upgrade License Codes can be issued.

If it says Available, click Get for the key for the next version up you wish to move to.

Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.