Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When I turn on the VSX 7000, all I see on the monitor is the camera view. None of the buttons on the remote take me back to the main screen where I can configure or type in IP numbers to make the needed connections. I have installed new batteries in the remote and the remote does move the camera, ie  focus, right, left, up,down, etc., and I can see the light on the front of the unit flash when operating the remote. It is probably something simple but it escapes me at the moment. Is there a factory reset available when you can't get into the system menu because all you see is the camera view? I also don't know what the IP address of the VSX7000 is so a factory reset would work fine.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Just a guess but is it possible that you have your Main monitor plugged into Monitor 2?

Pete

HP Recommended

Kevin.  If you do factory reset & have access to DHCP Pol, you'll find the VSX at MAC address 00:E0:DB where the last 6 digits of the MAC are the last 8 digits of the S# minus the last 2 (eg 820912000102AK the MAC will be 00:E0:DB:00:01:02). You can then manipulate Monitor settings from there.  Default username admin, default password S# (in UPPERCASE).

Factory restore is power the unit up holding down the "0" button.  Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.