Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Hoping someone can give me a hand with this issue. 

We have recenly upgraded a VSX 5000 to 9.0.6.2-103 connected outside the firewall with a static IP.  If I initiate a call from an external host, say a VSX 7000, the call will end after 5 mintues like clock-work.  Not sure if the same behaviour occurs if we dial out.

As far as I'm aware, the setup has never worked.

Anyone have any starting points or ideas?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sounds like there is a timer on the firewall for port 1720

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Try look CDR for disconnection cause. See pages 11-6 - 11-9 of Administrator's Guide

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/user/products/video/vsx_series_getting_started_g...

Are you make point-to-point call?  Sounds like you make multipoint call in test mode - after five minutes it disconnects automatically

HP Recommended

Sounds like there is a timer on the firewall for port 1720

HP Recommended

Ok.  Found the root problem.  It basically was a load balancing controller timing issue.

The F5 controller (it's a network appliance / device for using multiple ISP's as one address) has configurations on it for persistent connections.  Setting up a connection for the Polycom using the Morrisey method corrected the issue with the 5 minute drops.

Thanks for your help folks!

HP Recommended

Hi

I have the same issue

Wath is the Morrisey method?

Thanks a lot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.