Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @ChrisBB1 

this was stuck in the spam filter and I already posted about this.

THX

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Right

HP Recommended

As of March 10, the download option on LENS does not actually result in an available update.  Unlike the various v3.14 options on the pulldown list which translate on selection to a URL the v4 option does not.

imageimage

The same happens for X30 and G7500.

HP Recommended

Correction to my Reply - It does work using the sequence:

In my case the 'download source' had been set to 'Custom Server'

I had changed this to 'Poly Lens', selected the V4 download option and found that the 'Update Now' could not be applied.

It seems that you must click on the 'Apply' and then the 'Update Now' becomes available.

HP Recommended

Hi TJM

Thanks for this, as a result.... I don't know if it is recommended to update to 4.0 now, as Poly does not apply the 4.0 with the "automatic" option..

Weird, isn't it?

regards

HP Recommended

Hello @lotfi 

PolyOS 4.0 is rolled out in a controlled manner and the automatic update setting will not work.

Poly controls that users upgrading to PolyOS 4.0 are aware of the non-downgrade able Information and make a conscious decision to Upgrade to PolyOS 4.0 if they want to.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Does this mean that the automatic update will never be available?

Best Regards,

HP Recommended

Hello @HerveAIT 

at present this functionality is disabled due to the controlled rollout.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Will there still be updates to V3 PolyOS?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.