Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @DSM 

I am closing this post as we are not archiving a positive outcome and the community is not the place to criticise something we have no control over.

As already stated the Poly device in Poly OS mode will do everything as advertised. Our Partners have the ability to control what they will allow and what not.

We do not have any influence over this and we cannot enforce a functionality that is not wanted by the partner. We need to qualify our devices in order to archive the capability the Partner wants and therefore, even if it would be simple and possible, cannot enable this or we will not get the certification.

I do understand that you are frustrated and you believe you have been miss informed but sometimes a partner changes their mind even during our own development and information shared via an NDA may not manifest itself in the final product/software.

There is nothing we can do as our hands are tied and I hope you understand this final explanation.

We do offer services for end customers and they should enable you to get into our support organisation for support and not being pushed back to a reseller. I suggest you discuss this with your Poly contact.

In regards to our RealConnect for Teams service, this is quite a successful offering especially for customers wanting to use older hardware without the need to purchase new hardware.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @DSM ,

the feature you are after is >this< and is being developed by our partner Microsoft for a Q4/2020 release.

The URL share >here< before contains all features which will come to the Teams collaboration bar in the future.

Other competitors are in the same boat as us.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

To clarify the HDMI input on both the X30 and X50 are functional in the base Poly mode.  But when you put the Studio X into a specific provider mode, be it Microsoft Teams or Zoom then their that providers Android application is used instead.

As stated above the Microsoft Teams client does not yet support the HDMI input and this is something that Microsoft is aware of.  This has nothing to do with being in a meeting or not, the Teams client simply does not see the HDMI input.  They have already announced in their public roadmap that support is coming for that capability.

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I've had a look at the Microsoft roadmap and it does talk about supporting dual screens, 1080p and wireless content sharing (~Dec 2020), but doesn't mention HDMI anywhere.  We are working with a large customer-base who want this solution, but the lack of HDMI pass-through is a bit of a killer.

Whilst I appreciate it's Microsoft who need to answer this question, they're not exactly easily approachable and I wouldn't know who to ask.  Any idea who to contact there about this critical feature?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I see this feature has now slipped to June 2021. 

Is this ever going to get sorted please?

Regards

Simon

HP Recommended

Hello @Simon  ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

As outlined by my colleague Jeff Schertz we are awaiting our partner Microsoft to release the application to support this feature. This then needs to be implemented into our software and certified by our Partner Microsoft.

Within this community, we are unable to discuss future software versions as this requires a NDA

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Whilst your reply didn't exactly help me thank you for taking the time to respond anyway.

I know this isn't Poly's fault but I'm sure you aware of the need for this feature to work and I am amazed of how long it is taking Microsoft to sort out so hopefully they'll pull their finger out and get this sorted.

Cheers

Simon

HP Recommended

Do we know if this function is now available on x50? Microsoft latest firmware available on the admin portal for this device it's 3.7.0.352042. 

HP Recommended

Hello @newtopolyx50 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Once our partner Microsoft releases this feature we will provide firmware that supports this. To my own personal knowledge, this is not yet the case.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi,

The latest version now supports this feature. 3.9.0.358026

It works as expected with a share button on the TC8 when not in a meeting.

My problem is my users are now used to starting a Teams meeting to share and I would like to have the option of removing the share button if not needed. It will only confuse some users and we also use Airtame for HDMI sharing and don't want to go to the expense of adding them to the Poly.

It may seem a strange request bearing in mind we have all been waiting for this function and I now want to turn it off.

Thanks

Will

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.