Upgrading HDX9004 from v1.0 RC to latest version

Boston Val
Occasional Contributor

Upgrading HDX9004 from v1.0 RC to latest version

We have a system running a really outdated version of the software for some reason. I wanted to start taking steps to upgrade it. Are there any precautions I should take when upgrading through so many versions? I know I have to hit v2.0 first before moving on to v3.1. But is there anything else I should be worried about since I'm running an RC version?

Release docs say I'll need at least one upgrade key for this upgrade. Will I need to buy it or do I have to get a support contract to obtain one?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Upgrading HDX9004 from v1.0 RC to latest version

Hello Boston Val,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Yes different versions or newer versions require a software key / license. Most likely your entitlement has run out.

The community contains a Software Licensing  section and within you can find this post here:

[FAQ] How can I activate / check / verify / recover my license? 

Above will enable you to check and verify this.

The best option will be to purchase a service contract as that will entitle you to a new Software versions. For more details please liaise with a Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2