Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello All,

In the precedent post I've read this:

If the NAT is 323 compatible is checked, the unit is putting the ‘real’ IP address at both layer 3 and layer 7 of the packet.

If it is unchecked, the unit puts the ‘real’ IP address in L3 and the WAN IP in L7 of the packet.

I've made a lab with my HDX and my M100 client connected directly with cross cable.

If I setting my HDX with LAN IP 10.77.200.188 with NAT manual 81.57.145.22 with Nat is H323 compatible is unchecked

My M100 client on my laptop with LAN 10.77.200.246

When I call from my hdx to the m100 client I didn't see any trace of the WAN IP 81.57.145.22 in wireshark trace if I understand what you said before normally in H225 sourceCallSignalAddress: ipAddress (0) I should see 81.57.145.22.  In my case I see always 10.77.200.188.

If with same setting I try to register to the CMA GK I can see in the RRQ the both IP 10.77.200.188 and in the H225 sourceCallSignalAddress 81.57.145.22

Can somenone esplain me why following the previous test  the HDX show  in the H225 sourceCallSignalAddress the real IP and sometime the WAN IP address

It seems that when the both equipement are on the same subnet the NAT doesnt works as you said in your post "Polycoms doesn't work through NAT"

Thanks by advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I realy want to know about this issue. I got many cases in my field. Somebody help us.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.