Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We've just gotten RealPresence Media Manager 6.7.1.5 installed and running in the past few weeks.  Everything was fine, but yesterday I found IE8 is no longer able to play videos.  We haven't made any changes to the server running PRMM outside of simple style changes to customized the interface.  When we navigate to a page containing video we get:

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; InfoPath.3)
Timestamp: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 16:07:54 UTC

Line: 4
Char: 4063
Code: 0
URI: http://mediacenter.test.com/home

If I turn on script debugging in IE8 I get that it appears to be bombing on ploader.js.  I've attached a screenshot from the IE debugger and the full code block it shows inthe tool.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Did you ever get an answer? Is there support for PRMM anymore? We had the same problem and anyone with older IE versions were out of luck. .
HP Recommended

No, was just told IE8 isn't supported.  Luckily we're rolling out IE11 this week so it's no longer an issue for us.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.