Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a Toshiba camera with a DVI output hooked up to the Camera 4 port on the back of a Polycom HDX 8000.  When I configure camera 4 as content and switch to it I can see the video.   However I don't want this to be content.  The system has one eagle eye on input 1 and this camera on input 4.  This camera needs to be able to be switched to as if it were people.

So when I switch camera 4 to be people the camera stops showing up on the display.  When I bring up the camera menu it shows camera 4 selected but I still see the video from the eagle eye camera.

Using the control system I query using the camera near source command and it says camera 4 as well.  Stil I only see the video from the eagle eye connected to input 1.

Is there a way to configure the DVI port to just act like an additional camera?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The HDX Admin Guide V3.0.3 is pretty clear on this point.  Cam 4 SHOULD be People or Content.  Check you are on the current HDX Release (3.0.4).

Links below.

Admin Guide.

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/pro...

V3.0.4 HDX.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/video/hdx_series/hdx8000.html

Regards

Pete

HP Recommended

Yeah I know that.  The difference is you select People if it's a camera and Content is for something like a laptop or document camera etc. that will mostly display a static image (content is hi res but a low frame rate).

What I want it set as is People since it is a camera.  I did some additional testing and I found that the DVI port can't handle a 1080p camera.  If I set the dip switches on the toshiba to change it to 720p then the camera works fine when camera 4 is configured as people.

It just seems weird that when camera 4 is set to content it will accept the 1080p camera resolution and display it as content.  But when you switch camera 4 to people it won't work.  It says it's on camera 4 but doesn't actually switch to that video it still shows camera one or the last selected input.  But knocking down the resolution on the camera fixes it, but then the video quality isn't as good on the toshiba.

I upgraded the software to 3.0.4 and it still behaves the same way.

The polycom WILL display the 1080p video from the toshiba when cam 4 is set to people if I do the following:

Switch to any input other than 4, unplug the toshiba, switch to input 4 (at this point it will pop up a message about checking resolution since nothing is plugged in.),  then I plug the toshiba back in and the video shows up.  However if I switch away from input 4 and then back it behaves as desgribed at the top of this post.. it says its on cam 4 but is still showing cam 1.

Again the camera 4 set as PEOPLE behaves fine in the toshiba is 720p but when its 1080p the camera 4 doesn't work properly.  I'm unclear if this is an issue with the HDX or a known limitation.

HP Recommended

Hi Mel.

Sounds like one for Kendo or Stefen! Thanks for the input.  That is "weird behaviour", especially since you can force it to work 1080p.  Very useful to know & I'll check it out with other 3rd party 1080p camera & post the result.

Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.