Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The software is installed on two Windows 7 and one Windows XP workstation.  All have Adobe Air installed as well.  The XP workstation works correctly.  On the Windows 7 workstations, the icon is on the desktop, open it and the icon shows up in the task bar as if it is open but it does not open on the desktop.  Mouse over the icon in the taskbar and it show the small window display the software like is is open but if you click on it nothing happens.  Have running as admin and as XP compatible but still won't display on desktop.  Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I too am getting the exact same problem with a Windows 7 64 bit computer. The program loaded OK, but when I run it, nothing diplays on the desktop. The icon appears in the task bar and when I hover over it, it shows the program , but nothing ever appears on the desktop.

Was there a solution to this issue?

Bryan.

HP Recommended

I too am experiencing this problem. I've tried using the configuration files from a working instance of the M100 on another computer, and reinstalling but nothing has worked.

Has anyone been able to fix this issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.