Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Following the recent changes to MS teams rooms licences, what are the requirements for the X50 and TC8 series, Standard or Pro rooms licences?

The MS link https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/rooms/admin-center-license-overview indicates you need pro for android devices, assuming the TC8 specifically is classed as an android device, then I assume you need a Pro licence?

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Chris Gould 

welcome to the Poly community.

I would check Tom's Twitter account as an example >here<

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi. To my best knowledge both devices, TC8 and Studio X, are seen as a combo when registering to Microsoft Teams (different to a Teams Panel). Therefore you can use a basic or a pro license, depending on your meeting room needs (1 vs. 2 displays etc).

Cheers, Uwe

Check my blog at https://aitsc.de/blog
HP Recommended

Hello Chris,

Uwe is basically right that it is not a problem. It depends on which licenses you use, normally up to 5 devices can be registered to one user. So it is no problem at all to use a Studio X50 and a TC8 on one and the same Pro license. However, I would like to point out that after the expiration of the license for the Intunes registration a Pro license is absolutely necessary.

Kind Regards

Chris West

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.