Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

After the Poly X50 updated to software release 3.14, the TC8 is stuck at "Successfully paired with Collaboration Area. Checking for Room Controller. Please wait..." Attempting to use it with Microsoft teams. Rebooting the X50 and TC8 does not help but downgrading to 3.13 seems to fix the issue. Is anyone else seeing this issue with software release 3.14 and Teams?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @nlev , @swinterstorcon  and @BFAV 

we just released 3.14.1 >here< which addresses the issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello @nlev ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Looking at the details provided:

• We have absolutely no idea about the currently used Teams Application version
  • We also assume the initial pairing between the Studio X and the TC8 is working fine

Based on the above please work with our friends from Microsoft support to troubleshoot this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @nlev ,

We have an internal ticket for this as EN-234671. Please open a case with our support organization and mention the above so it can be tracked.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. It seems related to the Poly software revision, not the Teams application version. Yes, the touch panel is paired ok. I'll mention the information you provided in my support case.

HP Recommended

Same issue here - Trying to love these products... but it's been a rough start

HP Recommended

Hello @BFAV ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

At present, I believe only a downgrade to 3.13 fixes the issue but in parallel please escalate to our support organization and quote the ticket I provided to @nlev 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update. I can confirm that setting the x50 to downgrade to 3.13 using Poly Lens worked around the issue. The TC8 touch panel is functioning again. I have a case open referencing the internal issue. Let me know if you hear any new information on this issue so I know when it's safe to enable updates again.

HP Recommended

Exact same issue with the TC8 stuck checking for room controller.  Downgrading to 3.13 fixes it.  I can reproduce it on my Studio X30 and X50s.

Thanks god for Lens.  

HP Recommended

Hello @swinterstorcon , @nlev  and @BFAV ,

Workaround: 

1. Downgrade to PolyOS v3.13.0

Or

1. Change time zone in Web UI to one from a city where the Olson ID time zone string does not include the underscore _ , and reboot/power cycle TC8.  The table below lists the impacted time zones 

Impacted time zones in 3.14.0-372034

Olson ID

WebUI

America/Los_Angeles

GMT-8:00 Pacific Time (US & Canada)

America/New_York

GMT-5:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada)

America/La_Paz

GMT-4:00 La Paz

America/Sao_Paulo

GMT-3:00 Brasilia

Atlantic/Cape_Verde

GMT-1:00 Cape Verde Is.

Africa/Dar_es_Salaam

GMT+3:00 Tanzania

Asia/Hong_Kong

GMT+8:00 Beijing, Chongqing, Hong Kong

Australia/Lord_Howe

GMT+10:30 Lord Howe Island, Australia

This affects Microsoft Teams or RIngCentral

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I can confirm that fixes it for us.  I changed our Time Zone from New York to Bogata since it's the same -5GMT, upgraded and the TC8 connected like normal.

So is this a Poly bug or a Microsoft bug?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.