Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I hope you are keeping well - 

We have a Poly Unit with a TC8 Intuitive touch interface.

As part of our business needs we are looking to create a short user guide on how this works within our meeting rooms.

I was wondering instead of me taking photos using my phone to annotate for our user guide - is their a function to take live direct screenshots of the TC8 or from the web GUI of it at all - as i cant seem to find this function?

Thanks so much for your help in advance,

George 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @GeoRog ,

The community contains individual sections dealing with the different products we offer Voice, Audio/Video, UC Infrastructure or Others.

Your post or the post you replied to was placed into an incorrect section and has therefore already been moved.

Please click on your own name on the top of the community page and you will be able to see your recent post(s)

Your post was not deleted!

There is no requirement to reply to this message as it is a simple notification.

From the Video FAQ:

Apr 16, 2020 Question: Can I capture the Screen UI of a G7500 or Studio X50/X30?
Resolution: This functionality is at present not available.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hiya,

Try within codec web gui General Settings> Home Screen
Check "Enable and Show Poly Control Info."

Then browse to https://<codec ip>/control

Think most of the button work from the browser.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Does this work if you are running a poly x50 with a tc8 and running teams as the video conference solution, or does this only work with poly's own gui loaded?

Thanks

HP Recommended

This is some good advice.  But it only works if you have the Poly device in Poly mode.  If you are using Teams or Zoom as the provider then this will not work

HP Recommended

The advice above does not work when you use Zoom or Teams as the provider.  If you are using the native Poly mode of the videobar then you can "control" the system with that URL

HP Recommended

Hello @IT_AVISPL and @CANDEman 

I have updated the FAQ to explain this:

Apr 16, 2020 Question: Can I capture the Screen UI of a G7500, Studio X50/X30/X70 or TC device?
Resolution: This functionality to capture the UI of a Studio X or G7500 is at present not available.
The TC8 / TC10 UI can be captured using the Poly Control app as explained >here< in Poly Video provider Mode only.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.