Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @JordanCN  and other,

of course, we at HP Poly are looking at this with the highest priority but we, to my own personal knowledge as a volunteer in this community, have not been reliably able to replicate this in a manner that can help us to troubleshoot this.

It is a very complex issue, again in my own personal knowledge as a volunteer in this community, and I personally recommend at present using our REST API

https://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/FAQ-Rest-API-for-G7500-and-Studio-X/td-p/110271

to periodically reboot the systems or use the Microsoft TAC to do the same.

Please open a case with us so our engineers can potentially share debug builds to help us outside of HP Poly or our Partner Microsoft to find the root cause.

best regards

Steffen Baie

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @JordanCN and all,

in regards to the TC8 on a Microsoft level unpairing from Studio X or G7500 please ensure the units are both running 2023050203 on both the Studio X or G7500 and TC8.

If you still see these please work with our partner Microsoft via MSFT bugs #3032829/#3020282, support case 35701745, ADO 402617 (escalation), ADO 402650

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Kasey0303,

Just curious if your TC8s are/have been running the same version of the Microsoft Teams App Version.  I was not aware until today that you can update the Teams version via the Microsoft Teams Admin Center.  Before I was relying on the Poly firmware updates to push the App version along and it was lagging behind.  

Not sure if this will be a fix, so I was curious and I am reaching out.  

HP Recommended

Just an update.

Studio X firmware - 4.0.1.380048

TC8 Firmware - 4.0.1-211044

Running Teams Mode - 1449/1.0.96.2023050203

I created a script to use the REST API to reboot all the Poly Studio X devices I have (8-10 mix of X30 and X50).  Started out running it daily.  A few times one of the Studio X devices hung on the reboot.

Just seem to be trading one problem for another.  Either leave them alone and wait for them to hang up or try to reboot them and hope they don't hang up on the reboot.  

Script that references a TXT file with the devices and passwords for the device:

#BEGIN POWERSHELL SCRIPT FOR REBOOTING Poly GroupSeries command

$File = get-content "C:\Scripts\PolyStudio\IP_Pass.txt"
foreach ($line in $File){
$Arr = $line.Split(',')
[array]
#URL to make new session
$sessionURL = ("https://" + $Arr[0] + "/rest/session");
#Command to make new session
$sessionBody = "{`"user`": `"admin`",`"password`": `"" + $Arr[1] + "`"}"

#URL to issue reboot
$rebootURL = ("https://" + $Arr[0] + "/rest/system/reboot");
#Command to issue reboot
$rebootBody = "{`"action`": `"reboot`" , `"restartAll`": `"True`"}"

# disable self signed certificate check
if (-not ([System.Management.Automation.PSTypeName]'ServerCertificateValidationCallback').Type)
{
$certCallback = @"
using System;
using System.Net;
using System.Net.Security;
using System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates;
public class ServerCertificateValidationCallback
{
public static void Ignore()
{
if(ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback ==null)
{
ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback +=
delegate
(
Object obj,
X509Certificate certificate,
X509Chain chain,
SslPolicyErrors errors
)
{
return true;
};
}
}
}
"@
Add-Type $certCallback
}
[ServerCertificateValidationCallback]::Ignore()
# End self signed certificate commands

Invoke-WebRequest $sessionURL -UseBasicParsing -ContentType "application/json" -Method Post -body $sessionBody -SessionVariable sess;
Invoke-WebRequest $rebootURL -UseBasicParsing -ContentType "application/json" -Method Post -WebSession $sess -Body $rebootBody
}
HP Recommended

Hi JordanCN, 

Can you confirm which specific power saving settings were turned off? Did you have to turn them off one at a time on each Studio X device or were you able to use Poly Lens to do that?

I am interested in trying this out but I can't find a setting in Poly Lens related to Power Saving. I have a fleet of 100+ Studio X50 so would rather not have to do it one-by-one (although given how annoying this issue is, I will if I have to).

Any help appreciated. 

HP Recommended

Same problem here, we've got a large fleet of Studio Xs all suffering from varying amounts of TC8/X50/X30/X70 unpairing problems, as to the cause we're still unable to pin it down.

HP Recommended

Hello @ocaudeo ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

When you say unpairing, is this on a PolyOS level or Microsoft Teams?

If on Microsoft Teams this is a known issue with our Partner Microsoft. They are working on a new APK which should have final improvements.

I suggest you contact Microsoft Support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I wanted to share this update I received from Microsoft support on the case I have opened. 

From an investigation by the product group, there are 4 issues being observed in Teams client, Company Portal and OS that is leading to pairing and sign out failures for MTRAs after the device has been up for multiple days (more than a week):

1. During re-auth state, console shows pairing broken instead of prompting user to login.
  2. Company Portal app is not running due to ANRs/crashes and app is not able to keep tokens refreshed and leads to broken pairing.
  3. Teams app is not running on front of the room device causing console to lose pairing with it.
  4. Upon joining cross cloud meeting, the device state switches to anonymous join leading to broken pairing since pairing relies on logged in users to work.

Microsoft will be releasing fixes for issues 1 & 4 listed above in the next release for MTRA, which is currently projected to begin deployment by 6/15/2023.

Issues 2 & 3 from the list above are still under investigation with engineering and respective OEMs. As a temporary workaround, issues 2 & 3 can be mitigated by rebooting the affected device. Microsoft plans to release support for nightly maintenance reboots and auto-pairing resiliency improvements, which is estimated to release in July.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for posting that!

That's actually quite close to what our team surmised was going on when we investigated the enrollment & intune records for the Teams account and device.

Very interesting, and still very frustrating as it's been about half a year of enrollment problems, auth timeouts, bad UI feedback of the internal problem, opaque errors, ANRs and other assorted crashes from Microsoft! Especially for enterprise equipment!

HP Recommended

Totally agree, ocaudeo. I noticed last night that MS pushed a new Teams app update through TAC, I wonder if its the one they mentioned in my support case. Unfortunately no release notes available yet. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.