Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Has anyone experienced an issue with their TC8s just randomly unpairing from their studio x50s? All of my devices are in Microsoft Teams Rooms mode. I can't imagine they are setup incorrectly, since they make the setup on them so simple. They seem to become unpaired over night. Any help would be appreciated.

Poly x50:

Firmware: some are 3.14 and some 4.0

TC8:

Firmware some are 3.14 and some 4.0

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hello @Kasey0303 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organisation as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please mention EN-239876 once this is with support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I to have this issue and have opened ed ticket with support citing EN-239876.
Also heard 4.0.1 is n some kind of test, but not in the beta portal?

So far I have had noting but a bog-standard response from support, as if I never even gave a reference, this under a Poly + agreement as well which is disappointing

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello @GManUK 

what is the case number?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

looks like v4.0.1 is just made available today. in Teams Admin Center, i'm now seeing:

"A newer version of Firmware is now available.

May 2, 2023, 8:00 PM"

when i click into the Update Firmware link, i then see:

"Firmware
Current version

New version
Published on May 2, 2023, 8:00 PM"

hopefully this update will address our issue for good!
HP Recommended

We are having the same issue with Poly X70's.  We have two units in two different locations that appear to unpair or shut off and we plug and unplug them in and they work.  Random issue happening.

Case: 34569916

HP Recommended

Hello @Eunbee97 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Considering that the X70 is only supported for usage with Microsoft Teams (assuming the provider was not yet shared) since PolyOS 4.0.0 have you tested the latest PolyOS 4.0.1 which was released yesterday?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Yes, we have about a dozen of the X30 and X50 units and this is a constant problem with all of them.  I have been upgrading firmware to the latest every month or so hoping to resolve the issue.  Either the Studio X device hangs or the TC8 just refuses to connect until you reboot both.  Since I have PoE switches, rebooting the TC8 is pretty easy, but when the Studio X hangs you have to go pull the power plug.

The one thing I did to greatly reduce the problem is disable the Power Saving features on all the units. This has helped greatly, but not fully resolved the issue.  Instead of having issues every week, it is now about every month or two.  To help get notified of hangups, I signed up for a Poly Lens account and registered the devices. Now I get an email if they stop responding and I can proactively reboot them.

HP Recommended

Hello @JordanCN ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Just like I asked the previous poster, is this when running Microsft Teams as the provider? You have not supplied this basic detail so we need to assume this is.

This is a well-known issue with many posts around here in the community. At present. we from Poly do not have a fix and we recommend using the REST API to reboot the devices at a frequency that suits your needs aka either daily or weekly.

The issue manifests itself for most customers after 14 days assuming this is using the Poly Studio or G7500 with Microsoft Teams as a provider (as you have not included that detail)

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only. The master case for this is EN-241673

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I was just adding one more voice to this issue and letting the group know that by disabling the Power Saving features I was able to greatly reduce my hangups.

As you noted, this is a well known issue so that the Studio X devices can hang up within 14 days.  I am just here trying to see when Poly intends to fix the issue because I have had most of these units for a year now and updated firmware about a half dozen times or more and it is getting kind of embarrasing when people keep pointing to me and saying "your video conferencing equipment keeps hanging up.  When are you going to get these things fixed."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.