Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi! We have deployed 2x StudioX50 and 2x StudioX30 units for our conference rooms. Ever since administrating these for the last year, I have noticed that the General Settings -> System Settings values are reset to default values every 1-2 weeks automatically.

The important value for us is the "Time Before System Goes to Sleep" at 15 minutes. This allows our TVs to turn off / power save and allow for quick startup.

These values go back to "Off" automatically after 1-2 weeks it seems like, leaving our TVs on 24/7. I have disabled automatic system updates but this behavior still persists!

Absolutely maddening. Is there any way to fix this once and for all so I don't need to constantly login to each unit and set it back all the time?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @EliotTechstep ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

A good starting point is usually (as outlined in the FAQ/ReadMe1st) to provide details on the currently used software version.

In addition, what can you see under the web interface for Server > Provisioning Server?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi there! I apologize for missing that.

On the Studio X50s, the software version is: 3.5.0-344025

On the Studio X30s, the software version is: 3.5.0-344025

Under Server -> Provisioning Server the box is unchecked and provisioning seems to be disabled (for all units).

As mentioned earlier, this behavior has been occuring consistently after many software updates, so not sure what is causing this issue. Seems strange.

HP Recommended

Hello @EliotTechstep ,

And what is set under Server > Cloud?

The easiest way to get an explanation of what is happening is to contact Poly support in your region.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi again,

All 4 units have the box "I agree to participate in the collection of usage data that will allow Poly to improve their products and services." checked/active.

Registration Status: Online for all of them.

SNMP is disabled for all.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

HP Recommended

Hi

What provider mode do system running on? I've got that exactly issue in Zoom Rooms mode.Sleep mode's still ok in PolyOS. I contacted support teams and they replied "Sleep mode is not supported in Zoom Rooms mode".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.