Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Currently we use our Polycom StudioX50 devices primarily with Zoom Rooms. 
We have scheduled the Polycom equipment to restart once a week every Saturday.

After the restart occurs, the Polycom controller PolyTC8 ends up at the BYOD screen.

From our Zoom account portal, the device shows as offline.
We have to manually interact with the device to exit BYOD mode to start the Zoom Rooms app.

At that point the hardware shows as "online" from the Zoom perspective. 

Is it possible to have the Polycom controller open the Zoom Rooms app automatically after a restart occurs?

Regards, 

Bryan

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @TellBryan ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It would be great if you could share all software versions used in this case. Also, how do you restart the Studio X?

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

We are using:

Version 5.11.3 for the StudioX50s.

Version 5.13.5 for the PolyTC8 controllers.

The restarts are scheduled through the Zoom admin console.

We did have updates set to automatic until recently. 
Going forward we plan to manually schedule and perform the latest updates.

Please let me know if there is any other information that would be useful.

Thank you,

Bryan

HP Recommended

Hello @TellBryan 

that is the Zoom version but not the Studio X version.

If this is done from the Zoom end I would suggest working with Zoom support on this as this is their App running on our devices and their app may have an issue restarting.

You can also use the REST API (in the FAQ) which can be used to restart both Studio X and the TC8 together.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi all,

we are experiencing the same behavior with Poly X70 and Zoom Rooms.

Zoom Rooms 5.11.3.1619

Poly x70 Ver: 3.14.2

TC8 Ver: 4.0.0

Our Poly X70 integration must restart every day due to energy saving measures and ends up in the BYOD mode on TC8 what is really annoying for the user experience.

Any suggestions or will that be fixed soon?

Best,

Matthias

HP Recommended

Hello @mv01 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Considering we have released PolyOS 4.0 I would suggest you either try this (cannot downgrade to earlier versions) and/or get this into support so we can either check this on our end or refer you to our Partner Zoom so they can check on their end.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.