Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello community,

We've just brought a Poly Studio X50. We use it in device mode, via a PC on a big monitor. 

About half the time when we connect it through device mode, its not able to find the polycom device. We tested other cables, other pc's, we even tested another Poly Studio X50. Nothing seems to work.

When ww use the same unit (Studio X50) on another network it works just fine. Is there som kind of network settings we need to apply on our network for Studio X50 to work in device mode?

Cheers Morten

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @mckrogh ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please get this into support. Usually, your Poly reseller can do this for you but try and ring Poly support in your region well.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for answering so fast. That is great service.

We have a dialog with the re-seller, but they are not able to figure out whats wrong.

Do you have a support for danish users that i can contact?

Cheers

HP Recommended

Hello @mckrogh ,

https://support.polycom.com/content/support/contact-us.html

Country Telephone

EMEA

Phone: +44 1753 723020

France

Phone: +33 1 41 32 18 20

Germany

Phone: +49 89 262059 222

Russia

Phone: +7 495 213 1222

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have the same problem with our X50, but we also get the problem while in a Teams call, sometimes after 5 min other times after 30 min.

We then need to restart the X50 to get it to work again....

Did you find a solution to the problem?

Thanks.

LarsViggo

HP Recommended

Hello @LarsViggo ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

A very similar issue for either loss of Video, Audio or both has come into our support team and I suggest you open a ticket as well so we can analyze the logs etc.

Please mention 1-16585027441/EN-178384 or EN-178382

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi @SteffenBaierUK 

Thanks, now I installed the latest update (released on June 😎 and configured it for Teams and this kinda solved the problem... Because it's no longer possible to use the device mode at all when in Teams mode...

HP Recommended

We have the same problem, our costumer uses the device mode.

In our case the behavior is:

after clicking on device mode - the dialogbox is flickering or it says we should connect a usb cable (which is still connected)

we saw also a yellow mark on the device manager

solution: restart the studio x50 (restart of PC didn't help)

in the near future we will switch to teams integration

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

A very similar issue for either loss of Video, Audio or both has come into our support team and I suggest you open a ticket as well so we can analyze the logs etc.

Please mention 1-16585027441/EN-178384 or EN-178382

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Hello @stefanbrun 

please see the above.

Without this coming into support we cannot identify the root cause and work on a potential fix.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.