Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I haven't seen many comments on this wanted to see if the community has experienced this issue. We have several Poly models (G7500, X50s) that when they are in teams mode, seem after a period of being idle freeze and become unresponsive. 

Symptoms include the Teams screen on the TV display being visible, but screen is frozen, and actions made on the TC8 do not reflect, even when connecting a keyboard to the usb it remains unresponsive. Another issue is the the TC8 no longer sees the studio device gives a message that is searching for a device. 

This has been going on for some time we have tried countless firmware updates, we have tried factory resets and the issue reemerges. Any help would be appreciated. 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

We have had issues where device video stream will be showing in the bottom corner but the other participants in the meeting would not see it until device restarted (X50, X30) and we have a scheduled daily reboot for all devices. Maybe that would help from preventing running the device idle for days if not in use.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply that seems like a crazy workaround for a product built to be a video conferencing solution. There must be an actual adequate fix then having colleagues reboot a conference room device every day. 

HP Recommended

I use PowerShell script and scheduled task to do it outside of office hours, don't rely on colleagues doing it.

HP Recommended

Appreciate the reply. Not really the workaround im looking for. I'm not looking to automate the reboot of the device because the Studio x50 is unreliable in Teams Mode and we are not confident that it will operate normally one day to the next. I can understand scheduling reboots for firmware updates when they become available but simply crashing periodically to the point where even the restart functionality via Teams or the Poly GUI is not responsive and requires a power cycle seems like something to be looked at. 

HP Recommended

Hello @ic_jp ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

From my own personal experience, Poly support is aware and is/was working with our partner Microsoft which supplies the different multiple Teams applications running on our MTRoA devices.

Original reports that the1449/1.0.96.2022090606 Microsoft Teams App crashed causing an ANR.

The root cause for the issue was Application Not Responding. An ANR will occur if you’re running a process on the UI thread which takes an extended time, usually around 5 seconds. In this case our Partner Microsoft’s app seemed to have an issue. No other available providers running on our PolyOS with Android 8.1 have had reports of the same.

On mobile phones the user usually would be presented with a warning, but the way Android is running on our devices this seems to be suppressed.

A case reference for the Microsoft Support Team to match this would be
https://skypeforbusinesspartnerengineering.visualstudio.com/Polycom/_workitems/edit/349290
ADO 349290

Initially, we had feedback from Microsoft that the updated Teams application U3CY22 - 1449/1.0.96.2022120503 should address this but from other customer reports and our partner Microsoft this has not fully addressed the Application not responding. For some customers, the application still crashes leading to the Studio X being offline.

From my own personal experience, our Partner Microsoft will no longer look into fixing this with systems running Android 8.1 as their aim is to only support later Android versions.

We are in the final stages of releasing PolyOS 4.0 which runs on Android 10 and again, from my own personal knowledge, none of the beta customers testing the above have reported any more issues.

Customers running PolyOS 3.14.x for now scheduled reboots also addressed the issue as the App does not crash as frequently.

Beta access can be provided if you have a Poly support ticket open.

We from Poly HP completely understand that this is not optimal for you but we can assure you it has the highest priority for us and our Partner Microsoft to release PolyOS 4.0 as soon as we can.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organization as the community is run by volunteers only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Appreciate the transparency. Is there an ETA of when that Poly Update will be available? 2nd Quarter of this year? 

HP Recommended

Just checking in to see if there was an ETA on when Poly 4.0 will be coming out?

HP Recommended

Hello @ic_jp 

I will post an ETA as soon as I get it. In addition, if I do not get an ETA once PolyOS 4.0 is release I will post about this.

Please do not ask me for a ETA as I do not have it.

If you have a current issue please contact our support organization as this community is run by volunteers only and not connected to Poly support.

I will close this post as all information available at present has been shared.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Here is a good post explaining the delay:

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7031864745401982976/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.