Studio X50 / TC8 - Camera Issues

davecowley
Occasional Contributor

Studio X50 / TC8 - Camera Issues

Hi

I have previously logged this issue on here and it was working short term.  https://community.polycom.com/t5/Video-Endpoints/Studio-X50-TC8-Camera-Issues/m-p/114573#M15139

We have 2 X50/TC8 devices, both up to date on firmware. and updated delivered by polycom support site. The video feed does not always work when joining a teams meeting, we can see ourselves but can't be seen by the other person/s.  A reboot sometimes fixes but this isnt a fix its a bidge.

any ideas on how to fix? 

Thanks

Dave

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
JanCx
Occasional Advisor

Re: Studio X50 / TC8 - Camera Issues

We had that issue latest with V 3.7 and Teams. Now running on V3.9.1 and Teams and currently no issues.

Message 2 of 7
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @davecowley 

Welcome back to the Poly community.

I can only ask you to test the latest Poly Firmware 3.9.1 as already outlined by @JanCx but in addition, pay attention to the latest Teams Build.

Our partner Microsoft has been rolling out fixes in their app so our Firmware does not automatically have the latest build.

Always ensure you update via the TAC as explained >here<

If you still have issues please work with our Partner Microsoft and feel free to share the ticket reference.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

If official support is required please check how to phone or open a case here

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓ SIGNATURE ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections
Message 3 of 7
jhonalbert
Occasional Visitor

Our simple "fix" for this - reboot the X50 and then repair the TC8 before a meeting is scheduled to start. Crazy as it seems it now works - not ideal but until a permanent fix gets found & installed it'll have to do

Message 4 of 7
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @jhonalbert ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I am unsure if this was logged by you with our partner Microsoft so if yes could you kindly share the ticket reference? The same if this was logged with Poly support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Microsoft Voice , PSTN or other FAQ's in the different sections
Message 5 of 7
jhonalbert
Occasional Visitor

How can I find ticket reference? 
If you helping me to find, so I'll tell you.
Thankyou.

Message 6 of 7
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @jhonalbert ,

posting anything within the community does not automatically raise a ticket with either Poly support or our partner Microsoft.

If you have an issue please move forward:

1. Teams related, please ensure the latest Poly Firmware is used and the TAC has been used to upgrade the latest Teams APK. If the issue persists raise a ticket with Microsoft. This is also outlined in the Video FAQ.
    or
  2. Raise this with Poly support in your region

Posting anything in the Poly community is just being replied to by volunteers or Poly Employee volunteers. Nothing is escalated into Poly support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

----------------

Message 7 of 7